Maui

May 16th, 2008, 11:32 AM
Original Poster

Maui

So we are going to be in Maui for our anniversary at the end of august and looking for recommendations on where to stay. We have never been there and want to be on the beach if possible. We want something fun, nightlife and people. We looked at the Westin, Sheraton and the Hyatt, are any of these better than the other? Are the other places that may be better. thanks for any input.
May 16th, 2008, 04:00 PM

I am staying at the Westin Maui in June. It is amazing!!!
May 16th, 2008, 05:05 PM

We stayed at the Sheraton Maui and absolutely loved it. It's a great location for snorkeling around black rock. We were there every morning at about 5:00...with the Turtles!
May 22nd, 2008, 01:36 PM

i was considering those three back in january and ended up with at the Westin. last minute trip with my son.. we took the mountainside room..not at all disappointing...high floor with big view of the mountains and we could still see the ocean. liked getting the coffee early in the am as one guy recommended...checked out the other hotels and my impression was i was happy with our pick but might try the Sheraton next time as i liked the grounds....gave me the Hawaiian feeling plus the location with the cove area to snorkel in. that said i think Westin or Sheraton. Hyatt looked nice but prefer the physical location of the Sheraton. hope this helps...a bit!
May 22nd, 2008, 04:21 PM

Personally, I love the Hyatt. I've stayed there almost every time I've been to Maui (at least 3 or 4) ... true, they don't have the best beach & it is best to walk down a little bit for where the beach widens up, but it is well worth it. We love to walk the path all along the beach along the back of the hotels, stopping along the way, snorkeling at Black Rock, wandering Whaler's Village etc.