Reload this Page >

massanutten resort in shenandoah?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2nd, 2002, 10:11 AM
carol

Anyone ever stay at this resort? Great places to eat,trips,things to see would be appreciated. Going there in July.thanks

Old Mar 2nd, 2002, 01:17 PM
JoAnn

Are you staying in the lodge/hotel, or one of the condos? If a condo, which one? We own a timeshare there @ the Summit, and have stayed in Eagle Trace. We loved the area. We took their D.C tour one day. We went up to Monticello, and Luray Caverns. Also drove on the Blue Ridge/Shenandoah parkway. Can't remember where we ate, as it depended on where we were. Enjoyed going through an area close by that had homes from different country's...Germany, England, Ireland, and how they lived at the time. Showed how those people helped form our country. Massunutten's web site is: http://www.massresort.com/
Hope it helps some, and enjoy, we hope to go back again.

Old Mar 2nd, 2002, 02:46 PM
Don

JoAnn offered some good suggestions (DC, Monticello, Skyline Drive and Shenandoah National Park, Luray Caverns). I believe the museum to which she is referring with the homes is the very interesting Museum of American Frontier Culture in Staunton, about 45 minute drive from Massanutten Village. Some other suggestions for the area: New Market Battlefield, Dayton Farmers Market, walking tour of downtown Staunton, Green Valley Book Fair (first 2 weeks July).

Harrisonburg is the closest city, about 20 minute drive from Massanutten, with all of the chain restaurants represented. It's a college town (James Madison University) so there aren't a lot of high-end restaurants, but some of my favourite places to eat include Spanky's downtown, Jess's Quick Lunch (also downtown) which doesn't look like it has changed since the 1950s, Luigi's Pizza on High Street (really good, creative pizza and funky atmosphere), the Little Grill near downtown (artsy crowd), and a smattering of very good Mexican restaurants. Plan to eat at the Dayton Farmer's Market which have a deli offering really good home-cooking. It is a Mennonite market, and the area has many old-order Mennonite families so it is likely you will see dark horse-drawn buggies hitched outside. The food there is great and very reasonably priced. The Shenandoah Valley around Dayton and The Farmer's Market is great just for short country drives--enjoy the scenery!

Massanutten and the Shenandoah Valley is a wonderful Summer destination with lots of outdoor recreation opportunities. I lived there for 3 years so post again if you need more info about the area.

Old Mar 5th, 2002, 11:52 AM
JoAnn

My husband and I are staying at Eagle Trace (timeshare condo) in the beginning of June. We were interested in the wine dinner and the massage class. Are they worth doing?

Old Jan 14th, 2005, 05:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am also considering going to this resort in the summer with my husband and children. I am hesitant because of the construction of the new indoor/outdoor water park. There is a very good chance it will not be completed and I am wondering how all this construction will affect our stay there. Any feedback?