Maryland Cherry Trees

Mar 28th, 2006, 09:02 AM
Original Poster

Maryland Cherry Trees

I'm wondering if the cherry trees in Kenwood are blooming yet? Someone in the area, please give us a report?????
Mar 28th, 2006, 10:32 AM

I can't answer, but thank you for the question and it sparked my curiosity and it looks like a great neighborhood to explore on a future DC visit.
Mar 29th, 2006, 06:47 AM
Original Poster

Topping

Kenwood is a high end residential neighborhood which has streets lined with cherry trees and (absent the historical significance and background of those in DC) is the more scenic in my humble opinion. I live a bit north of there and (because of my work) do not get out much this time of the year so I can't keep tabs myself. Hoping someone will give me a heads up so I can pull myself away for my desk at the right time.
Mar 29th, 2006, 07:21 AM
LN

The builder that developed Kenwood planted those beautiful Japanese cherry trees about 50 years ago (as the story goes). With the trees throughout the neighborhood it's a gorgeous sight.

If you can check on the internet the time period for the cherry trees blooming around the Washington tidal basin you would learn when these trees should also bloom. I cannot go by and check now as I'm out of state.
Mar 29th, 2006, 07:44 AM

Don't know how far north you are - I live in North Bethesda (White Flint Mall area) and our neighborhood's cherry trees are not open yet - but with the warmer weather, expect they will be pop by the wekend.