Martinique on Broadway Hotel Comments

Aug 24th, 2004, 09:57 AM
Original Poster

Martinique on Broadway Hotel Comments

Please see my previous post. Any comments?

Previously checked on Fodors and Tripadvisor, but would prefer more recent comments, if any have stayed at this hotel recently. Thanks again
Aug 24th, 2004, 10:00 AM
GoTravel

If you are speaking of the Holiday Inn Martinique, it is fine. I would stay there.

Aug 24th, 2004, 10:21 AM

redhat, what does this mean, "please see my previous post"?
If you want comments about a previous post, you should find it, add this comment to the bottom and click "post my reply" which will bring it to the top of the list so people will comment.
Or if the original post means nothing, forget about it and start over, but please don't ask to go searching for your original post. Why would we do that?
Aug 24th, 2004, 10:37 AM
Original Poster

Patrick....do you have any info on the Martinique Hotel?
Aug 24th, 2004, 10:38 AM
Original Poster

GoTravel...thank you for your quick response! It's greatly appreciated
Aug 25th, 2004, 11:55 AM
Original Poster

Anyone else care to comment on the Martinique?
Aug 25th, 2004, 02:17 PM

redhat, you asked if I had any comments on the Martinique. If I did, I would have provided them, so obviously I don't. Was that meant as a sarcastic response because my helpfulness was taken as some personal insult?

If so, then you probably won't like this helpful hint either. If you click on your name above, you will find your various other posts you have made on this topic. Within those posts are a number of helpful comments about the Martinique. Now I suppose you still feel you're being insulted, rather than helped? I'm so sorry that trying to help people learn how to use this site effectively seems to upset some of them.
Aug 26th, 2004, 09:09 AM

What happend to the deal at the Warwick? If you are trying to decide between the 2, grab the Warwick at that great rate you were quoted!
Aug 26th, 2004, 11:12 AM

There are 21 reviews on TripAdvisor, 4 within the last five weeks. Reviews are mixed. If you get 21 more, they will likely be just as mixed. Your experience may be like the best, the worst, or somewhere in between.

All hotel experiences turn on your specific room assignment, and which hotel employees happened to be on duty (front desk, housekeeping, etc.) during your stay with whom you interacted.

Within every hotel, rooms vary enormously - in size, configuration, decor, when last redecorated, and views. Personnel vary as well. Your room could be on the side of the hall with the meticulous maid, or on the side with a lazy maid who's about to get fired.

All you can do is make the best selection possible based upon all available information.

Then, return the favor and report back.
Aug 28th, 2004, 10:35 AM
Original Poster

Thanks to all that responded.

Margie...Warwick rate was for Labor Day weekend at the end of the RNC so I passed.

Patrick...was not insulted at all. Thanks for the tip on clicking on my screen name, nice feature.

Still trying to get this weekend put together with train, hotel, show tickets, food, cabs, etc. Arranged trip to England 2 years ago with no problem (with a LOT of help from this board). The 3 of us had a wonderful trip, but for some reason this weekend is proving very difficult. I think I'm trying too hard to make my husband's 60th memorable. Again, thanks to all who responded. I'm sure I'll be writing again.