Marriott's Waiohai Beach Club

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17th, 2003, 06:13 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am planning a trip to Hawaii next month and want to redeem my Marriott reward points. They show this location as available the dates I am looking for but it says under construction. Anyone have any info on the status? I don't mind if it isn't too bad!
Old Jul 17th, 2003, 07:01 PM

Waiohai is a nice place. I think construction should be complete by the end of the year. It's a great location, and I would have no problem staying there. When we were there in January the construction wasn't bad at all. Say hello to Emma at the beach bar for me. Her favorite drink to make is the 'green gecko'...I'm sure you will have a great time!
Old Jul 18th, 2003, 03:38 AM

Whats the pool like and the area of beach its on?
Old Jul 18th, 2003, 12:17 PM
Original Poster

Thanks Kahuna,

I think I am going to give the place a whirl (and probably the drink too!) Anyone else been there recently or have an opinion?
Old Jul 18th, 2003, 07:19 PM

The resort has 2 pools, a smaller one right by the water, and a larger free form pool which is nice! The beach immediately in front of the resort is rocky, but on either side of the resort are two world class beaches- Poipu beach to the right and the beaches that front the Kiahuna Plantation Resort and Sheraton Resort to the left. The Sheraton has a free hula show every night before sunset w/ free mai tai's. The Hyatt around the bend also has a free hula show nightly with a really cute keiki (children's hula show) I believe on Tuesdays & Saturdays (check to confirm). The Plantation Garden Restaurant at the Kiahuna has excellent seafood. The rest. is located at the historical plantation managers's home built in 1932, and has a lot of pictures of the "old days". Talk to the chef "Kimo". He'll tell you what is best to order, but the mahi mahi is ono!!! Be careful in the ocean. The rip currents can be tricky if high surf.