Marriott property in San Francisco

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21st, 2006, 10:02 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We have Marriott hotel points and want to use them in San Francisco ie Marriott,Courtyard,Fairfield etc. We will be renting a car, no children, will be there late May or early June. Would like to stay within walking distance to some of the sites but will be looking for the best deal.Any suggestions on which location is better than the other is appreciated. Thank you
Old Apr 21st, 2006, 10:48 AM

Seems like the Marriott Courtyard at Fisherman's Wharf might be a good deal since parking is only $15 there. And you're only one block from the Hyde St. cable car which is the best ride.
The Marriott on 4th St. is just a bit out of the loop and I see the Pan Pacific is now a Marriott. It's on Post at Mason which is very convenient to Powell and Union Square. Many rental car places on Mason, so you could pick-up a car there when needed. We also like the Stanford Court at California and Powell but be aware that all these places charge between $30-$40 per day for parking. Try to follow the 49 mile scenic route if you can to see some of the fabulous sights in San Fran.
Old Apr 21st, 2006, 02:58 PM

I agree with the above post. We've stayed at the Marriott in the Financial District and it was exquisite. I would stay there again.
BUT
If you want to be close to the attractions, I would definatly stay at the Courtyard Fisherman's Wharf. Looks like a fun area to stay.
Old Apr 21st, 2006, 03:27 PM

We stayed at the regular Marriot near FW a few years ago - I think Columbus and Bay are the cross streets. It was quite nice, fairly boring from the outside, but the rooms were nice - well decorated with comfy beds, triple sheeted with nice linens. I don't remember what the parking rates were, but I don't think parking was cheap.
Old Apr 22nd, 2006, 08:26 AM
Original Poster

Thank you very much - I did not realize parking was not included with the price of the hotel room !!
Old Apr 22nd, 2006, 01:14 PM

There are some hotels - I think around the Cow Hollow area - that have free parking, but they are the exception.
Old Apr 22nd, 2006, 02:15 PM

I'm not sure why the Fisherman's Wharf area would be considered close to all the attractions. What about Chinatown, Union Squaare, and other downtown spots? That's where most of the good and interesting restaurants are as well. FW is very touristy and crowded.
Old Apr 22nd, 2006, 02:33 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
We stayed at the Marriott Stanford Court. It is part of the Rennassaince brand. It is a very nice hotel located on Nob Hill. This is a safe and clean neighborhood. You can take the trolley car down to all the attractions. You can also walk down to Chinatown. Walking home is tough. You are at the top of the hill!
Old Apr 22nd, 2006, 02:34 PM

A general observation about using Marriott points: They stretch much, much farther if you don't stay at one of its major hotels in a major city like the SF Marriott. You can usually get 2-3 nights (sometimes more) at a Courtyard, Fairfield Inn or Residence Inn for what it who cost in points for one night at a major Marriott.
Old Apr 23rd, 2006, 07:58 AM

What Howard says is very true but then you have to drive into the city and find parking somewhere, which is expensive. Guess you'll have to balance out staying down near the airport for less points and free parking but paying for parking in town, or staying in town, costing more points for the hotel and paying for parking at the hotel.
I personally like to stay around Powell and Union Square since I love walking out of the hotel and hearing the sounds of cable cars. Only in San Francisco!