Search

Marriott in DC area

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2nd, 2007, 05:43 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Marriott in DC area

We will be traveling to DC in Sept 2006 & we're most considering the Marriott Crystal Gateway & Key Bridge. The best rates I'm seeing thus far are for AAA. How far out should I book? Do these hotels typically book completely? Will be staying about a week & want to be VERY near a Metro stop.
Thanks.
Old Apr 3rd, 2007, 06:05 AM

If you find a rate that looks good to you, book it fright away if it has no cancellation penalty. You can continue to look and if you find something better, you lose nothing by cancelling the first.
Old Apr 4th, 2007, 02:58 PM

Can't answer the booking-up question definitively. I do know that the Marriott Key Bridge is very popular at certain times of the year, and often hosts wedding parties, so I agree with kayd that I would book sooner rather than later if the prices look decent. The Key Bridge location is right on the Potomac River, which gives you pretty spectacular views from many rooms, and access to a riverside walking/bike path that many enjoy. In addition to being close to the Metro, it is also an easy walk into Georgetown over the Key Bridge, or you can take the Georgetown Metro Express bus. For these reasons, I think I think the location is several degrees superior to that of Crystal City.
Old Apr 4th, 2007, 03:31 PM

Moongirl is right on. The Key Bridge hotel is a better option. Plus Roosevelt Island is a nice break from the city and it's right there with the Teddy Memorial.

And once your cross into Georgetown, getting around is easier these days because of the Circulator bus, which closes a big gap in city transit.
Old Apr 4th, 2007, 04:01 PM

kayd is right on too. Book it now but make sure that you don't chose a pay-in-advance rate. Then check back occaisionally to see if the rates change. If they do, then book another room and then cancel the first reservation.