Marc Resorts - Deal or Dive?

Old Aug 8th, 2001, 10:48 AM
Travel

Marc Resorts - Deal or Dive?

Entertainment rate gives 50% off of Marc Hotel -- the brochure and website look nice
but what's the real skinny?

Old Aug 8th, 2001, 03:40 PM
James

What's a "Marc hotel"?

Old Aug 10th, 2001, 10:47 AM
Becky

Depends which Marc resort. Which one are you interested in?
I find they are mostly, but not all, low to middle end. But not everyone can afford deluxe. They fill a need.
James: "Marc" appears to be the name of a management company with rooms/units at numerous resorts. Similar to Aston.

Old Aug 10th, 2001, 09:08 PM
travel

I'm looking at the Waikiki Marc or the Island colony

Old Aug 11th, 2001, 06:55 PM
Becky

I actually stayed at Island colony a few years ago. It is about 5 small blocks from Waikiki beach, next to the Ala Wai Canal that runs behind Waikiki area. We paid about $10/nt. extra at the front desk to get a higher floor. I loved overlooking the canal and mts. In the morning you can see outrigger canoes heading down the canal, very picturesque! The property is medium, not deluxe, but the price is good, too! It has all you'll need, we had a frig, sink & a few dishes, although I remember the pool was pretty stark, just cement, on a lower roof, no trees at all. Locationwise if you can't look the ocean, you CAN be perfectly happy looking at the Canal!
I went to Marc Resorts website, can't find where the Waikiki Marc is located, but they say 2 blocks from the beach. The description of wood and marble, plus the "boutique" label they give to it, does make it SOUND good. I'd call the Marc Helpline from the website & find out if they have any kind of views there.
I hear Island Colony is the tallest bldg. in Waikiki!

Old Aug 13th, 2001, 06:49 AM
Dianne

I stayed at Island Colony too. The highlight of this hotel is definitely the balconies. They're large and from our 31st floor room we could see everything - mountains, ocean, canal, etc. They had weekly Mai Tai parties on the roof for even more great views. The rooms were adequate. The staff was nice. There's a good size pool and sun deck on the 6th floor. Also a hot tub and laundry room.

Last year I stayed at Ohana Surf East just across the street and it was fine, but I missed my great island colony balcony!