Mangia e Bevi in NYC and other questions...

Old Jul 14th, 2004, 06:23 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mangia e Bevi in NYC and other questions...

Hi,
My girlfriends and I are going to NYC for my bachelorette party this weekend. We have reservations at Mangia e Bevi -- has anyone been there?

Also, what are some places close to that area for drinks after dinner? We don't want someplace too "hardcore" in terms of dancing, clubbing, etc...just a fun place to drink, talk, and laugh after dinner.

We are staying at the Courtyard by Marriott Times Square South on West 40th...how far is this hotel from the restaurant? Any experiences with this place? How far is it from Grand Central Station?

Thanks in advance!
Old Jul 15th, 2004, 05:26 AM
Original Poster

ttt....

anyone??
Old Jul 15th, 2004, 05:55 AM

Mangia e Bevi is not a bad choice for a bachelorette party. The food is pretty good, but not great. The atmosphere is fun. Kind of a "party" atmosphere. The waiters will hand out tambourines and people will dance on top of tables. They will pay special attention to the bride-to-be if you point her out.

As far as other bars in the area, there are a number along 9th Ave. You might also try Club Iguana in the West 50's (near the Letterman theatre).

Don't know much about that Marriott, but it is walking distance to either Mangia e Bevi or Grand Central. Several blocks from either, but definitely doable. Have a great time!
Old Jul 15th, 2004, 12:36 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the tips. That's great to know we are within walking distance to both Grand Centreal and Mangia e Bevi. Any time estimations?

We are looking forward to the weekend -- we leave tomorrow afternoon

Anyone else?
Old Jul 15th, 2004, 12:40 PM

Hi:

I've been Mangia E Bevi several occassions, (due to the proximity of Mangie's to my job). Cute, place, decent food. Co-workers like to go (especially when it's six or more). Service is cool, and the place seems to do a brisk business. I happen to like the grilled salmon & cold cannoli's. Congrats & good luck.
Old Jul 15th, 2004, 12:48 PM

Hey: One more thing (sometimes it's hard to type & have a conversation & answer the phone). If you're still looking for a to have after dinner drinks check out Social's on 8th between 48th & 49th Streets.