Manadalay Bay Lazy River

Old May 27th, 2001, 06:10 AM
Patty

Manadalay Bay Lazy River

Do they really charge $20 a day for inner tubes? With a family of five that's an extra $100 a day.

Old May 27th, 2001, 07:06 AM
carol

I heard it was $6 per inner tube.

Old May 27th, 2001, 07:49 AM
carol

I went on Vegas.com ..It DOES look like $20 per day!

Old May 27th, 2001, 09:31 AM
joan

Went last August. Don't know about the inner tubes, but BE AWARE they charge(d) us $30 per person per day in excess of the $109 room rate, even small children. That made the charge for the room, for our family of four, $179 per day plus taxes. I had heard on lv.com that sometimes they don't charge for the children. However, in order to enter the pool area, you MUST have a room key. So don't try omitting your children's names when checking in, or you won't get a room key for them.

BTW, we loved the lazy river, you don't really need the tubes, you get swept along nicely...it was better than the wave pool, IMHO.

Old May 27th, 2001, 09:33 AM
joan

To clarify: the $30 charge is for any persons in excess of two per room...

Old May 27th, 2001, 05:42 PM
Pilfer

Oh horrors!
You mean you're ranting because the hotel had the NERVE to actually charge you for the true number of guests using *their* room?

Do you also think that you should be able to *sneak* people onto the plane to get there without paying?

Old May 27th, 2001, 06:04 PM
CAROL

What's up with the attitude?

Old May 27th, 2001, 07:48 PM
Cathy

I think Joan has a legitimate beef...I expect to pay for a room at the two person rate for my husband and I but I do not think that it is a fair practice to have to pay $60 extra per day just because I have two children...that is outrageous.
Reminds me of a hotel that we stopped at traveling to Fla. one time with 4 small children ages 7, 5, 3 and 2...that particular hotel was going to make us rent two rooms because the maximum was 5 people...

Old May 27th, 2001, 08:47 PM
Pilfer

This topic has been beaten to death at this forum before. Obviously there are two factions of people.
I can only see one side of this issue, though. The hotel has a right to set whatever (legal) policies and prices it sees fit to implement. If they want to charge as much as a full night's rate extra for each person in the room, that's their legal right.
If you don't like their policies/prices, vote with your feet and go elsewhere.

In what other business are people allowed to cheat the proprietor? If the hotel has to spend more money on linens and cleaners and soaps and upholstery costs per guest, they have the right to charge for it.
It's no different than paying one admission to a buffet, sneaking a second person in, and taking enough food to feed two. That's theft. In both scenarios.
Someone please explain to me why sneaking extra people into a room without paying (at hotels that charge extra per guest) is not theft of services?