Mammoth Hot Springs Hotel or Gardiner

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8th, 2006, 06:42 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are flying into Bozeman in August and don't want to drive all the way down to Jackson Lake Lodge the same day to begin our 10 day vacation that will begin GTNP and end YNP. We have all of our hotels booked already except our first night. I have read that Mammoth Hotel Springs Hotel may not be the most comfortable place? I wonder if we should stay there for just the one night or someplace comfortable in Gardiner.
Thanks... I guess I am picky about hotels and my family goes along!
Old Apr 8th, 2006, 07:58 PM

If you want to stay in Yellowstone, how about Canyon, or is that too far east for you? If you don't have to stay in the park that first night, there are a lot of recommendations here for Gardiner. Search "Gardiner" with Wyoming highlighted.

Good luck!
Old Apr 8th, 2006, 08:07 PM

Check out the Gallatin Gateway Inn; it is between Bozeman and the park. It is a neat old hotel with a really good dining room. I have eaten there 2x; both excellent. I have not stayed there or seen a room. Good luck!!
Old Apr 8th, 2006, 08:17 PM
trippinkpj

I liked Chico Hot Springs, north of Gardiner (I'm guessing about a half hour). Decent and slightly rustic accomodations. Although, they also had more upscale acoomodations in another building. Very good food for breakfast and dinner in the dining room. http://www.chicohotsprings.com/

Old Apr 9th, 2006, 12:15 PM

Have stayed at Mammoth Hot Sprs Hotel. The room we stayed in had one twin & one double with the bathroom/shower down the hall. They have rooms w/bathrooms in them. Beds were not very comfortable. The restaurant's food was not bad. Prices are comparable to others in Gardiner. We were there in winter so can't tell you if there is air-conditioning or just open windows.
In either case need to go to Helen's in Gardiner and get a Buffalo Burger.
Old Apr 9th, 2006, 01:14 PM

There are many many new motels in Gardiner.
Old Apr 9th, 2006, 03:22 PM

We stayed in Mammoth this past AUG. for 2 nights, 3 cabins for our group of 8. We totally enjoyed our room and private porch to enjoy the views and other assorted wildlife. We had our own single 2 bed cabin with a rather large bathrm. The others were in one almost like ours, but connected together. We could walk to the dining rm. and store/gift shop. We drove to Gardiner to pick up supplies and swim in the Boiling River on the ride home. It was MOST enjoyable to be able to hear the elk walk by at night and even more fun to get up first thing in the a.m. to find them strewn all about the lawns in front of the lodge and sitting in the Opal Terrace. We LOVE staying in the parks!