Notices

Maine Weather in September?

Old Jul 27th, 2013, 03:53 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maine Weather in September?

I've been thinking about renting a cottage somewhere along the coast, probably in the Camden area, in early September.

A lot of places that are otherwise fully booked before and after seem to have a lot of availability for this period.

Is this just because it's post summer/pre-foliage season, or is there something about the weather at this time that makes it less desirable? TIA.
Old Jul 27th, 2013, 05:26 AM

Early September is one of the best times to be in Maine - the weather is still pleasant, the summer tourists have gone, the water is sometimes warm enough to swim, and the bugs have let up.
Old Jul 27th, 2013, 05:43 AM

September in Maine is heavenly, it is the perfect time to enjoy everything Maine has to offer. Weather is milder and dryer usually, the bugs are gone, the students are back in school so the summer crowds are also gone. You can really feel the pace
of life slowing down. We have vacationed in Bar Harbor in September for the last 30 years, it is my favorite vacation of the year, yes Paris was wonderful, the Jungfrouch was amazing, the south of France smells of lavender and roses, but camping along the coast of Maine feeds my soul like nowhere else I have ever been. The only downside to September in Maine is that you might just fall in love with it and have to make it a yearly pilgrimage.
Old Jul 27th, 2013, 06:00 AM

I agree with the other two posters. I think it is post summer/pre-foliage lull. The southern Maine coast is still pretty busy since it's an easy weekend get-away location but Camden is far enough north that it's not so busy. That said, we've been there third weekend in Sept and restaurants have been very busy. Mid-week should be pretty quiet.

September weather in New England is usually great.
Old Jul 27th, 2013, 08:05 AM

Shhhhh......quiet.....don't post about Maine weather in September please. Don't post about how lobster prices get better and hotel rates go down. (Well, they used to anyway, until zoots, celtic and dfrost started leaking privileged information).
Old Jul 27th, 2013, 10:28 AM
Original Poster

Sounds perfect! Thanks for all the replies.