Magic Kingdom Tickets

Nov 9th, 2010, 05:13 AM
Original Poster

Magic Kingdom Tickets

I have a few questions about Disney world tickets:

1. My son is a tall 2-year-old, and turns 3 just two weeks after we go to the park. Children under 3 get in free (which is why we are going now). Is there a way Disney verifies the child’s age? Has anyone ever had their child’s age questioned? If so, what did Disney ask for as proof?
2. Can adult tickets be transferred between people. IE- the grandparents want to take my son during the day, and my husband and I will take him again after his nap. Can the grandparents just pass their tickets along to us?
3. Is there a long line to buy tickets at the gate or pick up from will call?

Thanks!
Nov 9th, 2010, 05:51 AM

I am not sure about question #1. I'd call them and ask.

I know that tickets cannot be transferred between people. Everyone will need a separate ticket.

I was there this past weekend-there were some lines at the gate to purchase tickets, but I don't recall them being horribly long. If you are staying at a hotel on Disney property, you can purchase tickets at the hotel and avoid the lines at the gate. There may be a line at the hotel too, but probably shorter than the gate.
Nov 9th, 2010, 05:52 AM

You cannot transfer tickets. Disney is quite strict about that. They usually don't question the age, but I have heard of it happening. If you're really concerned you could bring a copy of his birth certificate, but unless he's really huge (48 inches and 55 lbs, for example) or extremely precocious (reading all the signs at the top of his lungs), I don't think you'll have a problem. One advantage to having everyone go together rather than switching off, is that each group of adults can go and do things that are not two-year-old friendly, like riding Space Mountain or taking the monorail to one of the resorts for a quiet grown-up lunch, and then hook back up. Ticket lines can be longish from both, and if it were me, if at all possible I would go to a ticket office (usually the one in Downtown Disney, since it's almost never crowded) the night before and get my tickets.
Nov 9th, 2010, 06:06 AM

No, they will not ask to verify childs age.
Nov 10th, 2010, 08:26 AM

1. Other comments are correct. Only if the child looks 5+ will they ask for verification.

2. All tickets are non-transferable. There is no wiggle room on this one.

3. When are you going? If it a busy time there will be lines for everything. If a slower time, little to no wait for tickets.
Nov 10th, 2010, 05:09 PM

Doombot has it right on all three counts. On #3, as well as what time of year, what time of day matters.