Reload this Page >

Luxury Guest Ranch - riding, hiking, fishing -- HONEYMOON

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11th, 1998, 02:29 PM
Gwinn

I'm looking for a July '98 honeymoon spot where my then-husband and I can hike, fish, ride horses and get back to nature by day -- then eat yummy food and get pampered at night. Lots of glitz isn't necessary -- great food, wine and down comforters are! Not location restricted although we are thinking of sticking to the U.S. Thanks for any info.

Old Mar 12th, 1998, 05:40 AM
Neal Sanders

I've been to two places that match your description. The first is the C Lazy U ranch in Granby, CO. Mobil gives it five stars, AAA five diamonds. There's both a lodge and cabins, excellent horseback riding, hiking, fishing, etc. The staff is first rate; the scenery (adjacent to Rocky Mountain National Park) breathtaking. Like most ranches, it is all-inclusive for meals and riding; fly fishing is done an hour or so away and is extra. The ranch gets a lot of repeat business, so call now if you're thinking of July. The second idea is Elk Canyon Ranch in White Springs, Montana. This is a much smaller property (ten cabins if I recall), and more attuned to pampering guests. The food was superb as was the riding. When we were there, Elk Canyon Ranch was affiliated with Orvis, and so fly fishing was very big. You can't go wrong with either place; both ask that you book for a week (Sunday to Sunday). Let me know if you need additional information.

Old Mar 13th, 1998, 07:36 AM
Alan

We had a wonderful stay, a few years back, at Lost Creek Ranch in Moose, Wyoming. Definitely first class in all respects from lodging, meals, riding, tours, barn dances, river rafting to you name it. Small operation so early reservations recommended. When we were there a number of guests were on their 10th plus visit. Consider that a pretty good recommendation. Ranch is in the heart of the Grand Tetons and riding area is through much of the adjacent national forest. No single file long treks over well worn trails that the horses follow automatically. You actually get to ride. Will provide what info I have if you are interested.

Old Mar 13th, 1998, 09:52 AM
Debby

We have been to Vista Verde Ranch in Clark CO. (near Steamboat Springs) two times and loved it. Beautiful cabins and excellent food with choices at every meal. The ranch itself is in national forest with unlimited riding, fishing and hiking possibilities. Our stay also included a one day rafting trip, half day rock climbing ( any level, my then 6 year old did it) and an evening at the rodeo in Steamboat.
The staff was excellent and the activitie offerings were great. I am a hiker, my husband loves to fly fish and my children just wanted to ride and we were all happy! The location was as beautiful as any I've seen. Have fun..

Old Mar 13th, 1998, 12:16 PM
Amber

Hi - altough you mention you would like to stay in the USA I would have to recommend the Canadian location of Banff, Alberta and the surrounding area. This area certainly caters to the activities you listed and there are too many guest ranches/lodges in the area to mention. (Easy to access information through the internet though!) With the value of the US dollar - it would certainly be a good value for you. (As far as pempering goes - The Banff-Springs hotel has an exclusive Spa just built this year. It was very romantic and very theraputic!)
E-mail me if you have any questions! (I live in the area). Good luck!