Search

Luau attire?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2nd, 2002, 09:22 AM
Susan

Luau attire?

Should men wear long pants to the Old Lahaina Luau? For that matter, does he need slacks for any time on Maui? We don't plan on formal dinners.

Old Sep 2nd, 2002, 09:28 AM
steph

My family went to this luau (which is wonderful, by the way) and we did get a little more dressed up than usual. But khakis for men is still fine, I think. That's dressed up, Hawaii-style. They have photographers there who'll take your picture and sell it to you, which we ended up doing and have a nice family pic from it.

Old Sep 2nd, 2002, 09:28 AM
Margaret

I would at least take one pair of slacks, just for the unexpected. But for the luau, shorts are fine and the most popular attire there.
If you have AAA, when you make your reservations, let them know. When you pick up your tickets and show your card, they give you one of their mugs.

Old Sep 2nd, 2002, 07:58 PM
brenda

You'll see anything and everything dress- wise at the luau's. Most people dress in tropical attire or casual evening ware, but there are lots who go with the short/flip-flop attire and noone really cares. Dress however you feel comfortable. I think as long as you have a shirt and shoes on, noone will say anything.

Old Sep 4th, 2002, 10:18 AM
Joe

I brought slacks with me to hawaii. I never wore them. A collared shirt is considered dressing up. Nothing more needs to be said. We liked this luau also, we sat on the ground near the stage. It was awesome.

Old Sep 4th, 2002, 04:58 PM
dejahma

Shorts are fine at the Luau. It is in Lahaina, which is typically hot. If your guy is comfortable in shorts by all means let him wear them. A nice aloha shirt is all that is needed. We just spent 8 weeks on Maui went to Mama's and Roy's etc. and never wore slacks (pants).

Old Sep 5th, 2002, 11:42 AM
kari

Tuxedo and vball gowns, whatelse?

C'mon dude, you will be in Hawaii, relax and dress like a native.....very casual.