Los Angeles Theater Listings

Nov 9th, 2016, 08:18 AM
Original Poster

Los Angeles Theater Listings

What is the best web site for learning about shows that will be playing in LA during the first week of December, 2016?

None of the sites I've found list everything. For instance, I found The Beauty Queen of Leenane on one site but not on some others.

Help, HTtY
Nov 9th, 2016, 04:24 PM

I don't know if this link shows every single theater in L.A. There are dozens, spread all over the county.

http://www.theatermania.com/los-angeles-theater/shows/

You might also sign up for Goldstar. It's free, and you'll receive offers for discounted tickets to many (but not all) events of every type. I would also investigate the possibility of rush tickets for any particular show.
Nov 10th, 2016, 06:22 AM
Original Poster

Thank you.
Nov 10th, 2016, 11:51 AM

Goldstar is a great website that shoots off shows in town at a discounted price. Different venues have different websites they use. The Pantages, for instance, uses ticketmaster.com for shows other than concerts, and axs.com for concert ticketing. Others use ticketweb.com. Others use ticketmaster.com

The Geffen Playhouse has its own website, geffenplayhouse.org

The Ahmanson and Mark Taper theatres in downtown LA (and Kirk Douglas in Culver city) have information and ticketing available at centertheatregroup.org. If there is a show at any of these theatres, figure out the date you want to go, and call them up and ask if they have any "hot tix". These are $25.00 tickets, some up close to the stage, and almost always off to the side seats (which I generally prefer, since I like to sit in an aisle seat).

Another good resource is the calendar section of the LA weekly.
http://www.laweekly.com/calendar

Search this Thread