Best LA Cinemas - Matrix Relaunched

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28th, 2003, 06:31 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I understand the release date for the Matrix Reloaded is the 15th May.

Since we will be in LA between the 16-18th May thought it might be good to see the film there.

Where can I find out what cinemas it will be show at and can I make advanced bookings?

Also what are considered the best cinemas (ie equivalent to Odeon Leicester Square in the London) in LA?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Old Mar 28th, 2003, 06:32 AM
Original Poster

Wish I could edit on this forum! I have no idea why I decided to rename it Matrix Relaunched
Old Mar 28th, 2003, 10:38 AM

I'm totally looking forward to this movie, and it deserves viewing at a good theatre. I was thinking of going to Arclight in Hollywood (now encompasses the Cinerama Dome) www.arclightcinemas.com - pricey $14.00 tickets but you get to reserve seats - seems worth it for the opening week of the Matrix.

Pacific's The Grove is in Farmer's Market - your basic stadium seating complex, but a fun place to go to.

Whatever you do, definitely buy your tickets on line.
Old Mar 28th, 2003, 10:40 AM

I'd go to The Bridge - along the 405 near Culver City. They have theater's where you can reserve your seating when you buy the tickets as well as wait service for those refreshments and comfy leather seats! Great big screens too.
Old Mar 28th, 2003, 01:45 PM

The best thing to do to purchase advance tickets is go to www.moviefone.com you can pre-buy tickets etc.
If Matrix reloaded is coming to the Gauman's Chinese, then you must go there! Be sure however that it will be screening in the Chinese theatre and not in one of the small, attached muli-plex theatres.. though the smaller theatres are really great as well, in terms of sound, in addition to which you will find stadium seating.
The second option is the Cinerama Dome or the Arclight, which are attached to one another , The latter has multi-plexes. Arc light was voted best sound quality in Los Angeles, there is free parking but the tickets are $15.00 I would hold out for the Dome, if it's showing there, but they have assigned seats, so you would need to bookonline early.. (do a google search on Cinerama Dome or Los Angeles Arclight).
The other cool thing about the Arclight is that it has a bar in the foyer.. which as you know from experience with the Odeon.. is great to have at a theatre, but not often done in the US.
On the otherhand, another plus for Graumans is the plethora of eating places at the Hollywood Highland Center.. if you are into upscale.. you could go to Vert... Wolf. Pucks new place which is kind of a scene.. pricy but worth it.
Welcome to L.A
Old Mar 28th, 2003, 08:26 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
I agree with Thyra. However, if you're on the Westside, and it's playing there, I just love going to the Crest Theatre on Westwood Blvd. in Westwood. The way it has been decorated is an experience you will not soon forget! Wonderful seating, and they now serve Candy Floss in addition to the usual fare. Keep in mind that in the U.S., we SALT our popcorn. We do NOT put sugar on it!!!