Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

looking for nicest deluxe resort in destin, please!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17th, 2002, 12:58 PM
david

My wife and I are planning to visit Destin. Can anyone tell me which resort is the nicest with pool, room, amibence/secenery & also directly on the beach.
Thank you.

Old Jul 17th, 2002, 01:19 PM
Tina

Perhaps you forgot to do a text search, but this question was just asked and answered a couple of days ago.

www.sandestin.com

Old Jul 17th, 2002, 06:16 PM
elk

Go to seaside instead and rent a small cottage near the ocean. www.seaside.com
We loved it.

Old Jul 17th, 2002, 06:26 PM
ramjet

David: Agree with elk, Destin is a nice area with beautiful beach, but in the last few years has become extremely popular especially with families with teenage children . Growth has been directed entirely in the high rise, many condo, rental direction. Although nice they are large "apartments". Many more secluded romantic places within a few miles.

Old Jul 17th, 2002, 08:42 PM
Kelly

There aren't really many "resorts" as such in Destin that I can think of (can anyone help me here?) Sandestin is definitely a resort and it is beachfront. I have stayed there and it is fine---accomodations vary according to individual owners. It has been there awhile so it doesn't have a fresh, brand-new feel. Seaside is charming, but not many accomodations are beach-front, if that is important to you. My sister's family stayed there for spring break one year and loved it. There are alot of pretty condos in Destin, but not really "resorts". have fun! I'm jealous.