Looking for hotel on I-90 near Syracuse

Jul 15th, 2003, 12:10 PM
Original Poster

Looking for hotel on I-90 near Syracuse

Travelling from Niagara Falls to N.Y.C. Would like to stop around Syracuse area for one night. Is there a clean, reasonable hotel (preferably with a pool for kids) easily accessible to I90 near Syracuse? Thanks.
Jul 15th, 2003, 12:22 PM

I just stayed this weekend at the Courtyard by Marriott in East Syracuse (Exit 35 off of the NY State thruway). Cost $50 per night via priceline. Look at www.biddingfortravel.com and bid for a 2-1/2 star hotel in the East Syracuse zone. It usually goes for $35 per night, but I couldn't get it for that price and I had to stay in that area. There are a bunch of hotels together and all are around Carrier Circle, right off of I-90 (NYState Thruway). Any of them look like they are about the same with indoor pools.
Jul 15th, 2003, 12:58 PM
Original Poster

thanks but I'm reluctant to use Priceline as we have two kids with us and they don't guarantee two beds...I did call them and they said they had a Fairfield Inn for $70 and the Courtyard for $85...Is the Fairfield ok? Other recommendations? Thanks.
Jul 15th, 2003, 01:06 PM
gc

As you might expect, there's lots of area lodging in a few areas. This link:
http://students.syr.edu/depts/parents/area_lodging.html
is Syracuse University's listing...I'd stay away from the downtown hotels. Most anything in the Carrier Circle area is OK.

If you want a treat, go to Dinosaur Barbeque...a great biker/blues bar downtown. It is family and kid friendly, 'cuz all SU parents go there!
Jul 15th, 2003, 01:17 PM

canuckuphereathome, all the hotels you mentioned are fine. When you exit I-90 at Carrier circle, you'll go around the circle and the hotels are just about in sight. Everything in that area is clean, you shouldn't have a problem. If you don't make it to the Dinosaur, there are several chain restaurants nearby on Erie Blvd. that your children would like. You could also ask for direction to Heid's of Liverpool - it's famous here for serving great hot dogs and you can eat outside if you like.