Reload this Page >

Looking for hotel in Sarasota...

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26th, 2002, 03:22 PM
Maria

Does anyone know of any 2 bedroom suites for single nights in the Sarasota and/or Tampa Bay, FL area?

Old Jan 26th, 2002, 07:09 PM
Patrick

I'm not sure they have 2 bedroom suites, but we just spent a weekend in Sarasota in a $74 a night one bedroom full apartment at Residence Inn on University, near the Ringling museum. They also just added a SpringHill Suites (another Marriott property) next door to it, and we are booking there in May for $69 a night for a one bedroom apartment. At those prices, you could probably get a studio and a one bedroom, and still be money ahead from the average 2 bedroom suite. Oh yes, they also provided a full breakfast buffet -- the only place I've ever seen a do-it-yourself waffle maker on a buffet with premeasured waffle batter and a automatic-timed waffle baker -- too bad I don't eat waffles. Check the Marriott website for really good web specials at either hotel.

Old Jan 27th, 2002, 09:27 AM
maria

Patrick,

Thanks so much! We've already reserved a room at SpringHill Suites! Appreciate the advise.

Happy traveling.

Old Jan 27th, 2002, 09:48 AM
Patrick

Enjoy it Maria, but I just reread my post and hope I didn't mislead you on one point. That waffle maker (which my friends are still raving about) was at the Residence Inn not the SpringHill Suites. Just don't want you to get there and tell me later that there were no waffles like I said.

Old Jan 29th, 2002, 08:00 AM
maria

I called to confirm (my daughter thought I'd gone mad!) and yep! they have the waffle maker!! Thanks!