Reload this Page >

Looking for Hotel in Cape Cod/Chatham

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19th, 2001, 02:16 PM
cath

hi. looking to stay in chatham (cape cod), mass. would like to know of hotels on beach. other than chatham bars which seems to get mixed reviews. would like something semi large (more than 25 roooms). and nice. thanks!

Old Jun 19th, 2001, 06:09 PM
Gene

Hi cath:

I think the Wequassett Inn might suit you even though it may be just over the line in Harwich on Pleasant Bay. It has all the amenities of the Chatham Bars and posiibly more.

Gene

Old Jun 19th, 2001, 06:40 PM
Cathy

There are only a few on the beach in Chatham and the first one that came to my mind and the nicest is Chatham Bars just wondering what negatives you had heard as you can't beat the location on the water , pool, tennis, boat rides , nice restaurants, near lighthouse, and close to town. Have you thought of staying in town- The Wayside or the Dolphin? Good Luck- Chatham is one of our favorite spots on the Cape.

Old Jun 20th, 2001, 03:12 AM
curious

I agree with Cathy. The Chatham Bars is one of my favorite Hotels ANYWHERE. It is a beautiful shingle style resort, has an awersome (and free) kids program. The setting is spectacular. IMO nothing comes close on the entire Cape. I'm wondering what the negatives are? There is a motel across the street from Chatham Bars right on the beach but sorry, I can't think of the name! Try the chamber of commerce. Other than those two and the Wequassett Inn, I don't think there is anything else on the beach. Also, if you're thinking of going this summer, you may be out ot luck. I know three seperate families who are going who booked about 6 months ago and couldn't even get the weeks they wanted. They will put you on a waitlist though. The other hotels on the beach that I would recommend on the Cape not in Chatham are the Lighthouse Inn in Dennis, and The Ocean Edge Resort in Brewster. I don't know if you have kids but these are great for families. If you don't, you have more options with the B&B's and smaller Inns. Good Luck!

Old Jun 20th, 2001, 05:29 PM
cath

hi! thanks for your feedback!! i think it's on the fodors site here under cape cod hotels that the mixed feedback exists. just that the chatham bars is more $ than it may be worth. but everything i've read and what you've said sounds nice. i'll check out the wequassett inn and others as well. thanks.