Reload this Page >

Looking for accomodations on water in FL after New Years

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11th, 2002, 03:50 PM
Going South

My husband and I are looking to drive south from NJ after the holidays. We are in our mid 50's and looking to enjoy some quiet time on the water in a warm state (Florida??). Doesn't need to be in a fancy hotel, but possibly a condo or rental home. Would also consider a hotel with relaxed atmosphere. Reading and drinking wine on the beach are tops on our priorities. Looking for an interesting town with restaurants to explore. Looking for R&R.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to where to find this nirvana??

Old Nov 11th, 2002, 04:12 PM
Sherry

I am partial to Siesta Key in Sarasota myself. I like the laid back edge, and think the beach is one of the best. Lots of condos to choose from. Remember though that Florida can have some cold snaps in January, and it can be chilly. But for reading/strolling on the beach it can still be ok. Definitely not swimming in the gulf though! Gorgeous sunsets to sip wine by. Good place to relax. Siesta Key always gets my vote!
Hope you have a good trip.

Old Nov 11th, 2002, 05:26 PM
Sherry

Thanks for the info;sounds intriguing...will investigate. When there we'll toast to your health.

Old Nov 15th, 2002, 11:07 AM
Going South

Any other suggestions?

Old Nov 15th, 2002, 11:25 AM
HHHRRR

To be fairly sure of some warm weather you will have to head down to at least Fort Lauderdale or Miami area. Anything further North is very iffy after the holidays. Personaly I would head for Fort Lauderdale. Great beach and many hotels/resorts in just about every price range.

Old Nov 15th, 2002, 04:44 PM
Jen

A vote for Longboat Key. Great restaurants right on the key as well as in Sarasota and on St. Armands Circle.