Reload this Page >

Looking for a Utah town

Search

Looking for a Utah town

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23rd, 2002, 03:48 PM
Terry

Looking for a Utah town

Several years ago we travelled from Oregon to Florida, we stopped to eat in a very pretty little town in Utah, all I can remember is the end of Main Street had a mountain view, and the only exit off the interstate had a Dairy Queen and not much else. Everyone was blonde and blue eyed, only we saw very few people, there was nearly nobody on the streets. What was most unique about this town was the signs telling you not to smoke on the street, if you wanted to smoke come inside. It was illegal to smoke outside in this town. It was too much like the Twilight Zone so we left, cannot remember the name of the town and haven't found it on any other trip on the same hiway. Anybody been there?

Old Aug 23rd, 2002, 03:53 PM
Scott

I think it was 12-Mile Canyon.

Old Aug 23rd, 2002, 03:55 PM
tammi

There are several small towns like that in the state - maybe even several dozen.

Old Aug 24th, 2002, 09:35 AM
xxx

Must have been a Sunday morning when most of the residents would have been in church. We have traveled through Utah and thought everything was "squeaky clean".

Old Aug 24th, 2002, 09:45 AM
going

St. George? Can you remember which highway you were on?

Old Aug 26th, 2002, 07:13 AM
Terry

We were on interstate 84 or 80 between Ogden UT and Evansville WY. It was about 2pm on a weekday. When I say there was nobody on the streets I mean it was very empty. The only people we saw were five or six in a smoking parlor and the bank, one teller, and they all looked alike, with a very flat expressions, it was really really creepy. It was mid October and there were many many flowers blooming, pansies everywhere. Oh, and on one sidewalk was a baby bottle, with milk in it, like someone had left the sidewalk in a big hurry. The really weird thing, we have actually looked for this town since and it is NOT there.

Old Aug 26th, 2002, 08:13 AM
judith

only a dairy queen and not much else? few people but everyone was blond and blue eyed and were in a smoking parlor and bank? you were stopping to eat (at the dairy queen, no doubt) but went into the smoking parlor and bank to see that they had blue eyes and blond hair?

by any chance, did you see elvis in the dairy queen? or someone singing "brigadoon"?

Old Aug 26th, 2002, 08:16 AM
Spock

Good troll, Terry. The Peace of Landru and Joy be yours, friend.