Looking for a condo on Big Island similar to Noelani in Maui

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29th, 2012, 07:54 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We want to explore the Big Island. We have previously loved the Noelani Condominiums on Maui for their extremely close proximity to water. We are spoiled, I guess, because we hate to give that up to see a new island. We don't need spas, onsite restaurants, etc. We prefer small setups, no highrises, just a pool and the ability to enjoy the water from indoors and out. Can anyone suggest possible choices on the west side?
Old Apr 29th, 2012, 08:44 AM

We have stayed a few times at Sea Village condominiums, and recommended it to friends and family. It sounds like exactly what you are looking for, except it is at a rocky section of the coast, not sandy. Which is quite common on the Big Island.

Google "Sea Village" and you will find many for rent by owner. We always got a full oceanview 2 bdrm/2 bath on the third floor (no elevators), for its sweeping views. Very reasonably priced. Well-maintained property with a central garden area, grills available to use, free tennis, free parking, small pool.

Directly south of it is the Disappearing Sands beach, and just north is Kona.

If you want to be right at a gorgeous beach, these two Prince properties are nice, but they are hotels, not condos, and maybe too resort-y for you:

http://www.princeresortshawaii.com/m...a-beach-hotel/

http://www.princeresortshawaii.com/h...ince-hotel.php
Old Apr 29th, 2012, 10:14 AM

This one has all the amenities, is in a nice area with lots of green views, and is close to the really nice A-Bay beach (2nd floor, elevator, close parking), and wonderful rates right now: http://www.vrbo.com/413069

There are also some with nice water views in the area, but not the beach (like Halii Kai and Kolea: http://www.waikoloavacationrentals.com/kolea-rentals/); kind of rocky, and ~3+ times the price of the other, though.
Old Apr 29th, 2012, 10:20 AM

The Mauna Lani condos at that resort have proximity to water: you have to walk to the resort beach, though, I think. (Probably can get the link from VRBO or the resort)
Old May 5th, 2012, 06:42 AM

the Noelani is ocean front if I recall from several years ago so I am assuming you are looking for o/f on BI. Sea village is ocean front but I think the VRBO that sylvia3 mentioned is not. Mauna Kea is a wonderful resort not not a condo but does have just about the best beach in all of hawaii....Great day trip if you stay down toward Kona....I would google ocean front condo BI and see what comes up. I have done that and there are some lovely units o/f.... stayed at the Maune kea in February for anniversary and loved it but for more than a few days, i prefer a condo and will do that on next trip. report back on what you decide on....Falling inlove with BI more each time we visit.
Old May 16th, 2012, 12:30 PM

I Second the Kolea and Hali'i Kai recommendation you received.

North Kohala has the best beaches on the island. Kolea has some direct ocean view units (read expensive), and has a direct path to an OK beach area A-Bay. The better beaches on the Big Island have no condo units on them or near them really...

You could walk from the Hali'i Kai condo's, on a very rugged lava trail, to a great beach if you want - or several beaches are just a short car ride away.