Reload this Page >

Looking for 3 or 4 star lodging in Branson

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15th, 2001, 07:24 AM
Betty

We will be travling to Branson on November 10th thru the 14th. We are looking for a nice clean hotel - not too expensive - close to theatres and restuarants. We are meeting another couple to celebrate our 40th wedding annivesaries. Any suggestions for lodging and dining will be helpful.
Thanks

Old Apr 15th, 2001, 08:00 AM
xx

This might be more expensive than you are looking for, but Chateau on the Lake is beautiful and only a couple of years old. Here's a website.

http://www.jqhhotels.com/hotels/mo/chateau/

If that is too expensive, you still won't have a lot of trouble finding a nice clean place in Branson. Most of the hotels are not more than five years old, although there are some that have been there for ages.

Old Jun 24th, 2002, 11:59 AM
Larry

Big Cedar Lodge, about 5 miles south of Branson, is a great place to spend your 40th wedding anniversary. Great food, excellent lodging, beautiful grounds, lake views! It can't be beat if you seek a 4-star accomodation.

Old Jun 24th, 2002, 01:20 PM
Connie

The above two suggestions are IMO, the best Branson offers. The Chateau is way up on a hill overlooking the lake is very elegant.

The Big Cedar Lodge is more on the lake and has a "lodge type" atmosphere but is still very nice.

I'm sure they both have websites where you could see pictures and get prices.

Old Jun 24th, 2002, 01:32 PM
abcd

Try www.chateauonthelakebranson.com You need to send for the 2002 Branson Vacation guide. Full of wonderful places to stay.

Old Jun 24th, 2002, 02:20 PM
cd

We spent our 40th in Branson. I called ahead of time and asked if they would put on names "in lights" on the billboard with "Happy Anniversary" They did,. and it was a wonderful surprise for my husband! Sorry, don't remember where we stayed, but I'm sure others would do the same. Ask for a room with a jacuzzi and take candles and wine....so romantic! The Chateau on the Lake is beautiful! Close to the activities but not within walking distance. It would be wonderful for an anniversity however.