Long weekend to Ventura area

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16th, 2003, 12:46 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are planning a weekend trip to the Ventura area and need information on where to stay.We plan to spend an afternoon in Ojai and can't decide whether to stay in Ojai or Ventura. I know Ojai is inland but not too sure of how far it is from Ventura. I would like to be near the beach but that's not a necessity. Just 2 adults looking for a quiet weekend away.
Old Jun 16th, 2003, 06:18 PM

Ojai is a quaint little town, but I wouldn't suggest staying there in the summer months. Being inland, it gets pretty hot. I'd recommend finding a place in Ventura or Santa Barbara.
Old Jun 16th, 2003, 06:39 PM

The Pierpont hotel in Ventura is virtually on the beach (only problem is it was built before they put hwy. 101 in, so it's adjacent). Regardless, it's a nice hotel to consider. Ojai has a great resort & spa (I think it's called Ojai Valley Inn), where you can golf, bike, hike and relax at the spa. Lots of celebrities there. Ventura is more of a beachy and historic town with a funky atmosphere, lots of shopping and a wonderful assortment of restaurants. Lots to do there! So, if you really want to veg out, go to Ojai, but for a wider assortment of activities, and of course the beach, stay in Ventura.
Old Jun 16th, 2003, 06:43 PM

Also meant to write that Ojai is about a 20 minute drive inland from Ventura on a 2 lane road. Can get congested on weekends.
Old Jun 16th, 2003, 08:18 PM

We've stayed at the Holiday Inn in Ventura. Great location, except for when the train goes by! But you get used to that. Ventura is a cute little town. My husband goes to the go kart racing school, and I futz around the town.