Search

Long Beach

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22nd, 2002, 12:22 PM
Tom

Long Beach

I will be in Long Beach next month, any dining ideas, or would it be better to go to LA?

Old Aug 22nd, 2002, 01:11 PM
Julie

I'd suggest Santa Monica over Long Beach. Long Beach doesn't really have much to offer and has a fairly high crime rate.

Old Aug 22nd, 2002, 01:17 PM
Check

Check the posting below entitled:

Good independant restaurants in Long Beach, CA?

Old Aug 22nd, 2002, 01:23 PM
Brad

Actually, coastal Long Beach is quite nice and has some good choices. A restaurant inquiry I had made on this site for an upcoming visit to Dallas got me turned on to the dinesite.com website. Check out this site, type in Long Beach, CA, and you should be able to navigate from there. Happy hunting.

Old Aug 22nd, 2002, 01:35 PM
helper-b

Best restaurants are definitely to be found in Los Angeles. I don't know where Julie gets her stats or what part of LA she's comparing to Long Beach, but the crime rate in Los Angeles is not significantly better than what you'll find in Long Beach. Okay, maybe if you're living in Bel Air, it's safer.

Should you prefer not to tackle the freeways at night, then there are decent dining options in Long Beach. I'll refer you to feedback of another thread cited by "Check" --- the posting titled "Good independant restaurants in Long Beach, CA?"

http://www.fodors.com/forums/pgMessa...ses=20&start=0