Loge Seating at Lincoln Center for South Pacific

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22nd, 2009, 10:35 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was curious how the seating is in the center loge at Lincoln Center. We are going to be seeing South Pacific there in August. I have used the discount ticket codes from Playbill and Broadway Box but the discount seats in the orchestra are all off to either the far right or far left. I definitely don't want those seats.

The only decent discount seat was the second row in the center of the loge. Can you see faces from there? My DD's friend is Lt. Cable in the show so I know she will want to see faces. If that's not possible, I will probably just pay full price. Thanks.
Old Jul 22nd, 2009, 10:45 AM

It's a small theater and most seats are fine. I wouldn't want to sit very far right or left either. As far as seeing faces, that's another story. My distance vision is not what it used to be and I prefer being closer. The 2nd row loge seats are good and you will see faces. The amount of detail, imo, will depend on your vision. I wish I could be more exact and I've been in that theater many times. It's a very subjective thing.
Old Jul 22nd, 2009, 12:17 PM
Original Poster

Thanks centralparkgirl. I appreciate your feedback. Hopefully will get some other opinions. My long distance sight is pretty good so loge might work.
Old Jul 22nd, 2009, 12:51 PM

Then I think it will be fine - and at a discount too. There are only about 15 rows in the orchestra. Enjoy the performance - it's wonderful!
Old Jul 22nd, 2009, 01:22 PM

Isn't it fun seeing friends on Broadway? I used to work with the Loretta Ables who plays Bloody Mary!
Old Jul 22nd, 2009, 01:54 PM

We sat first row center loge and it was fantatic. You will definitely be able to see the face and washboard abs of the hot Lt. Cable.

One thing to know is that the Lincoln Center stage is HUGE. A lot of the action takes place on a large apron, so when they go upstage (to the ocean) they are pretty far away (from everyone). But little of the action takes place up there.
Old Jul 22nd, 2009, 01:57 PM
Original Poster

Yes it is fun. Another of my DD's friends is in Hair so I think we will see that, too. My daughter was in Hair at UC Irvine and played Jeanie. We weren't going to see the show but have heard how good it is so guess it's on the list now. Don't mind sitting further back for that show.
Old Jul 22nd, 2009, 02:00 PM

btw - for future reference, this performance is in the Vivian Beaumont Theater which is one small part of Lincoln Center. There's another theater directly below the Beaumont called the Mitzi Newhouse and it is much, much smaller - another great venue for theater in an intimate setting.
Old Jul 22nd, 2009, 02:01 PM
Original Poster

missypie-Thanks for the good feedback. Yes, I am aware the stage is huge. Don't know when you saw South Pacific. My daughter's friend, Andrew Samonsky, took over the role in Jan 2009. So you might have seen Matt Morrison. But hopefully Andrew will have some of those washboard abs, too!!