Lodging Recommendations - Eureka Springs, AR - Restaurants too

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16th, 2009, 06:04 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

At last, I get to do a little trip planning, even if it is for just a couple of days. Last September I took my mother-in-law and her sister to Eureka Springs for a few days. They had such a good time that I said I would take them back again when my MIL comes for her annual visit. So, I'll be taking them on a little road trip again in September.

Last year I planned it in a hurry, and didn't ask for advice. I won't make that mistake again! We stayed at the Joy Motel which had good and bad points. We won't be returning there. But, I find myself a bit overwhelmed with the sheer volume of places to stay there. Tough problem to have eh? I'm hoping that someone here will have some suggestions.

One of the things I really liked about the Joy Motel was that there was an outside balcony we could sit on on the warm evenings we were there. (there was a front and back entrance, off the back was the balcony) Also, my MIL smokes, so she could smoke outdoors and relax. And, of course, it was right on the trolley line, but I think most places are.

I prefer to have my own room, but MIL and Sis can share. I want this to be my treat, so would love it if I could get two rooms, one being a double, for $100 or less for each room. Even better if they are connecting rooms.

So, I've put down lots of info, I hope someone some suggestions I can check out. I'm going to go surfing now and see if anything pops out.

I decided to add a postscript! Would love to hear about favorite restaurants there as well.
Old Jul 16th, 2009, 06:37 PM
Original Poster

How about Tall Pines Inn www.tallpinesinn.com Has anyone stayed there?
Old Jul 17th, 2009, 08:52 AM
Original Poster

topping just in case there are more eyes as the weekend approaches
Old Jul 18th, 2009, 06:05 PM

E. S. is indeed an interesting place. One thing Eureka Springs has that is unique are big B & Bs. We stayed in Arsenic and Old Lace Inn www.eurekaspringsromancebb.com And there are many others. You might enjoy the Inspiration Point operas put on by summer students. Among many interesting eateries: Cafe Soleil, Mud Street Cafe.

Ozarksbill [email protected]
Old Jul 19th, 2009, 09:32 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Ozarks Bill. My MIL is a smoker, and most of not all of the BnBs I looked at were non-smoking, even on the grounds. She is fine with stepping outside, but perhaps not down the block altogether. I booked the Tall Pines Inn, got a duplex cabin so I can put MIL and her sister in one side and I have the other, and she can step outside for her smoke breaks. The cabin with two rooms is $120 a night, which I thought was fine. TA reviews are good, etc. so wish me luck!

Thank you for the restaurants. I saw the Mud Street Cafe before and it always looked crowded, usually a good sign