Lodging on Eastern Shore?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27th, 2003, 01:39 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are considering visiting the Eastern Shore area over July 4th Weekend- any suggestions on areas to stay or lodging?
Have heard alot about the St. Michael's area but also considering Easton, Oxford or Chestertown? Could you give me some insight on these towns? Thanks alot!
Old Dec 28th, 2003, 04:16 AM
bluestructure

Theres some talk about the Hyatt Cheseapeake in Cambridge, MD. There was a posting for it the other day. Ocean City will be busy july 4 weekend and pricey. Eastern Shore is popular in summer time, book as soon as you can.

Old Dec 28th, 2003, 09:39 AM
LN

Hi

St Michaels is high on the tourist list and of the hotels there the St Michaels Harbor Inn is fairly new and on the water right in the little town - directly across from the Crab Claw (one of the most popular restaurants) then there's the Harbortown Inn just on the edge of town that's surrounded by a very nice golf course and finally there's the Inn at Perry Cabin a really great (or so I hear) and pricey inn on the Miles River there that used to be owned by Laura Ashley. There are also many smaller B & B's around. In Oxford the very old and well-known Robert Morris Inn sits on the waterfront. I believe Chestertown has mostly B&B's or I'm not aware of any hotels near there. We generally go into Rock Hall by boat and there's not many hotels around that area. Beautiful area though - very laid back and great food.
Old Dec 28th, 2003, 10:04 AM

We stayed in Chestertwon and liked its quiet. We found St. Michaels a bit much. We stayed at the Imperial Hotel and would recommend it. Try to get a room in the front right off the front porch. Chestertwon has been described as an architectural gem passed over by many folks on their way to places like St. Michaels or Ocean City.There are many antique shops and only a few places to eat. We described the town as being located in time somewhere between the Revolutionary and the Civil Wars. Our favorite was the Blue Heron. We loved Rock Hall but again there is very little there. Do go to Watermans in ROck Hall for a tray of crabs and cold beer. It should be jumping on the 4th.
Old Jan 31st, 2004, 06:21 AM

Just wanted to suggest Michael Rork's Town Dock Restaurant on Mulberry St. in St. Michaels as a great place to eat. We ate there first and then at the Crab Claw. There was no comparison as to the quality of food in our opinion.