lodging in Point Reyes/Muir Beach area

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27th, 2002, 07:10 AM
Katherine

Hi,

My husband and I will be in Sonoma County and then Marin County in late August. We're thinking of staying at Vintners Inn for 3 days and then somewhere near the coast (point Reyes Beach/Muir Woods etc.) for hiking and sightseeing. First of all, is Vintners Inn a good choice for 3 days in wine country? And second, can anyone suggest lodging closer to San Francisco and the coast for the following 3 nights? I would appreciate any input you might have.

Thanks a lot,

Katherine

Old Jul 28th, 2002, 05:15 AM
Katherine

Hi,

Can anyone out there answer these questions?

Thanks

Old Jul 28th, 2002, 06:37 AM
gail

I don't know about Vintner's Inn..You might try a text search as I believe it has been discussed previously..My ideal location would be Manka's Inverness Lodge. Check out the web site. We have stayed at Jasmine Cottage as well. It is hard to tell what exactly you are looking for (price range etc). If you want a really nice place I suppose you could travel over to Half Moon Bay, but the hiking is not as plentiful out that way.

Old Jul 28th, 2002, 07:07 AM
Trish

We have stayed at the Pelican Inn at Muir Beach, cozy but very noisy. The Lodge at Olema looks nice and it is in a good location. The whole area is beautiful!

Old Jul 28th, 2002, 07:08 AM
Trish

I forgot to add, we have stayed at the Vinter's Inn in Santa Rosa - very nice but right near the highway. You might be happier with something in Healdsburg or Sonoma.

Old Jul 28th, 2002, 08:52 AM
Babs

Try the Mountain Home Inn on top of Panaramic Hwy - hiking trails to Muir Woods and other great hiking trails and a beautiful terrace overlooking The Bay - great for breakfast/lunch too. Mankas is also nice. http://www.mtnhomeinn.com

Old Jul 28th, 2002, 09:45 AM
Katherine

Thanks alot everyone for the input. I do appreciate your taking the time. I will check out your suggestions.

Trish, you mention Vintners location near the highway as a negative. I was under the impression that it has a very secluded feeling to it. Is that inaccurate?

Thanks,

Katherine