Search

Lodging in New Orleans before Cruise

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28th, 2005, 07:13 PM
abp
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lodging in New Orleans before Cruise

Looking for a reasonable price place to stay in New Orleans before we leave on cruise...any ideas...2 adults 2 kids???
Old Apr 29th, 2005, 02:42 AM

I'm not sure but I would check out Hampton Inn and Suites across from the Convention Center and also the one in the garden district on St. Charles. Be sure to specify these locations because there are others. We've had friends stay at the one across from the Convention Center and it was wonderful and very reasonable. The building is an old cotton warehouse and beautifully restored. Mulates is a couple of blocks away and would be fun for dinner. You could take a short taxi ride from both to the boat.
Old Apr 29th, 2005, 03:32 AM

Myself, as a many time visitor to NO, I like to stay where my activites are. It is a walking city. I greatly prefer the FQ or CBD. And therefore would recommend the other Hampton, for ease of getting to the FQ, Holiday Inn on Royal, and my latest great find- La Quinta on Camp- excellent location and decent breakfast included. I got a rate of $200 less for a week through lowestfares.com after comparing several booking avenues.
Old Apr 29th, 2005, 03:06 PM

We (two adults) stayed at the Villa Convento on Ursulines before our cruise. It was inexpensive, and we loved it, but I don't think they take kids under ten. No pool or other kid-oriented stuff, but if you are spending your time taking in New Orleans, you don't want to hang around your hotel all day anyway. Have a great time in NOLA and on your cruise
Old Apr 29th, 2005, 04:20 PM

amerisuites on canal st. Get the room with 3 double beds
Old Apr 29th, 2005, 05:24 PM

I wouldn't stay in the Amerisuites/Park Plaza area of Canal with kids, personally. It's not "bad" but it isn't "good" either. "Lower Canal" towards the river (Marriott, Sheraton, etc) is much nicer.
Old Apr 29th, 2005, 07:09 PM

I don't know what you mean by reasonably priced, but... my husband and I stayed at the Lafitte Guest House on the quiet side of Bourbon and it was great! We had room 31, which is huge and gorgeous, with a king size bed, separate sitting room, enormous private balcony and a separate ante room (right inside your room) with 2 twin beds. Can't say enough good things about it. Lafitteguesthouse.com. It is exactly as the pictures portray on the web. Good luck.
Old Apr 30th, 2005, 04:49 PM

I goofed on the name - it was the Amerihost Inn & Suites.
Old May 7th, 2005, 05:05 PM

Try Garden District B&B on Magazine St. Great neighborhood and large rooms.
Old May 7th, 2005, 05:42 PM

With kids, the Embassy Suites is the best. Free happy hour at night and free breakfast buffet in the morning for all. Plus, its a suite, kids in one room, adults in the other. Once you add up all the free stuff, the place is reasonable! Enjoy the cruise...I went on that one as well.