Search

Lodging in Boulder?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4th, 2004, 09:08 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lodging in Boulder?

Hi. We're coming up from Chile and plan to stay in Boulder or nearby for five days at the end of this coming January. I've been doing research on the Web, and wonder if anybody could provide any information that could help me decide among the "short list" I've come up with, which includes the Marriott - Boulder, the Millennium Harvest House Boulder, the Hotel Boulderado, the Boulder Mountain Lodge and the Chataqua cottages. I'm also very attracted by the Boulder Brook Lodge in Estes Park, but am afraid it might be too hard to get back and forth in the winter. We are two 50ish-old-fogeys with 18-year-old and 16-year-old sons, and one of our reasons for going to Boulder is to show them the University of Boulder as a possible college choice. Our boys like to ski and are Internet-addicted. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Old Dec 4th, 2004, 10:07 AM

If your boys are interested in skiing, I'm wondering if you really want to spend all 5 days in Boulder. To get a feel for the university, a single day would surely be enough. You might prefer staying in the mountains and doing a last day in Boulder. Since you and your husband don't ski, choose an area with lots of non-ski activites. You might want to consider Winter Park, Summit County (Breckenridge or Keystone) or Vail. There are lots of folks here who can give you more specifics if that's what you think might work.
Old Dec 4th, 2004, 10:33 AM

My daugter goes to Boulder and we stay at the Coburn House, recently renamed the Bradley. It is an 8 room bed and breakfast and is lovely. We have stayed there with our high school age boy and he loved it. It is very close to Pearl Street Mall, which is a pedestrian shopping/dining street, and a great place to come after touring the campus. They have breakfast and snacks in the afternoon. If you want to go the more traditional route, I recommend the Marriott. I think the Coburn house website is www. coburnhouse.com.
Old Dec 4th, 2004, 12:55 PM
Tess

If you stay in Boulder proper I'd go with the Marriott. You might also consider the Omni Interlocken, located about 6 miles away in Broomfield. Your boys would probably enjoy the pool area and casual eating area/bar with pool tables. It's a beautiful hotel and is located adjacent to Flatiron Crossing Mall, which has numerous good restaurants.

Old Dec 6th, 2004, 03:24 PM
Original Poster

Thanks so much for the recommendations and info. I'll look into the ski lodges - a great idea - and will choose the Marriott for our time in Boulder, since it seems to be the unanimous choice. Can't thank you enough!
Old Dec 6th, 2004, 03:29 PM
Original Poster

Oops. Actually, I will check out the other suggestions first, too. High-speed internet access is a must, though. Thanks for your help.