Reload this Page >

Lodging for Five in WDW

Search

Lodging for Five in WDW

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19th, 1999, 03:39 PM
RMVillers

Lodging for Five in WDW

My family of five (kids ages 9 - 16) plan to go to WDW during spring break this year. From most of the comments, staying in an onsite resort/hotel is recommended. Any suggestions for reasonably priced accommodations for five?

Old Jan 20th, 1999, 04:15 AM
ilisa

You may want to try the All-Star Resorts (All Star Sports, All Star Music and All Star Movies). They are the most reasonably priced (less than $99 per night) and have adjoining rooms so you can accomodate five people. The other resorts are more expensive and are very short on such accomodations.

Old Jan 21st, 1999, 12:00 PM
Linda

We are a family of four going to WDW this spring. Another family travelling with us is a family of five. We're all staying at Dixie Landings. From what I understand not every hotel in the World can accommodate five people in one room. Dixie Landings is a moderately priced hotel with trundle beds in some of the rooms. I don't believe the All Star resorts can accommodate five.

Old Jan 21st, 1999, 12:10 PM
ilisa

Actually, I've stayed several times in the moderate resorts, and the one thing I do not recommend is five in one of those rooms. At least All Stars can give you an adjoining room, and their rooms are slightly bigger. Most of the WDW resorts cannot accomodate five in a room, particularly if you want to be comfortable. Another suggestion is to stay at Fort Wilderness Homes. They are fully equipped cabins (kitchens, bathroom, tv, etc.) located at the Fort Wilderness campground. It is on property, so you will have all the advantages of a resort guest. I'm making my 18th trip to WDW this fall (YIPPEE!!!) and simply can't wait. Have a great time! Oh, another source for great Disney information is www.disneyinfo.com. It is probably the most comprehensive site on the web for Disney planning. It also has some great message boards.

Old Jan 23rd, 1999, 03:40 AM
Annemarie

Whatever you do, I really recommend you stay on site. We have stayed on and off, and even staying at the Vistana off site which is a high quality resort, it was not the same. We drove to Disney from Toronto last year, and dishonestly enough brought a foam mattress for my son to sleep on (thus 5 in the room). My parents are old European and it was the only way I could convince them to afford staying onsite. We stayed at Coronado Springs. Why don't you try offsite at the Embassy Suite Lake Buena Vista. One bathroom, 2 tvs, pullout couchin living room, 2 beds in bedroom. Rate includes full buffet breakfast and snacks and cocktails, drinks at supper time, whether you are eating there or not. It is so close to everything and in a good neighbourhood. Ask for triple a rates, and extended stay rates. 1 800 embassy Let me know if you have more questions. Annemarie

Old Mar 3rd, 1999, 10:50 AM
C. Smith

Our family has stayed at Disney's Dixie Landings many times and have loved it. It is the only resort a buget price that allows up to five people to a room. You pay extra for the trundle bed.

It is reminisent of the Mississippi with its river boats and fishing. We really recoment it.

Old Mar 4th, 1999, 08:08 PM
Polly

Possibly pricer than you are looking for, but the Treehouses on the Disney property are wonderful for a group of 5.