Reload this Page >

Let's give Noach another chance

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14th, 2000, 04:17 PM
kissandmakeup

I know there has been a great deal of hostility toward Noah/Noach and some of his old posts, most of it well-deserved. Despite saying he was leaving, he is still posting. But his most recent posts have been polite and reasonably thoughtful. So how about let bygones be bygones and give him another chance? Call it the first step to making this forum a little less hostile.

Old Jun 14th, 2000, 04:53 PM
Please

Oh please! He posted on the thread about boycotting gas on the 4th, and as usual he spouted garbage without checking his facts. And, the guy never really gives any TRAVEL advice. I personally don't think he has been out of his living room in quite a while.

Old Jun 14th, 2000, 06:23 PM
Kissandmakeup

This is exactly what I mean. Noach made a simple point on the Gas thread. I didn't really agree, but it was offered succinctly, and it is his opinion. Many others posted things that were factually incorrect, yet no one is blasting them. I guess I think that we ought to leave him alone unless he does something wrong. Then, like anyone else, he'll have to take what he deserves.

Just a thought.

Old Jun 14th, 2000, 06:29 PM
JustMe

You're being far too thoughtful and considerate for this forum, kissandmakeup. You won't find many kindred souls here, it seems.

Old Jun 14th, 2000, 07:41 PM
Lucy

Frankly, I think "kissandmakeup" IS Noach! Did you think of that, guys?

Old Jun 14th, 2000, 08:01 PM
Baker

Hate to say I feel like a local expert, but having read ooodles of Noach's posts, the grammar and style don't sound at all like him. (Never know for sure tho).

Old Jun 14th, 2000, 09:05 PM
xxx

if and when noach ever gives "been there done that", sound, legitimate travel advice from actual experiences, then maybe i'll change my feelings towards him/her. until then, i'm always going to be fed up with the constant moralizing, endless URLs that anyone can find on a search engine and comments on society that in no way pertain to travel. seriously, i think the person never leaves the house

Old Jun 14th, 2000, 11:27 PM
Really

KissandMakeUp-This whole thread is absurd and has nothing to do with TRAVEL!!! Go back and read the rules of the forum. If you want to give Noach another chance that is your privilege, but don't try to use this forum to get the rest of us to change our minds about him. He, like you, never has gone ANYWHERE and WASTES board space for ridiculous garbage. I suggest you take your "kissandmakeup" drivel and go find another board to post on.

Old Jun 15th, 2000, 05:27 AM
Kissandmakeup

Well, never mind then. I am not Noach, obviously, and I don't even know him or have reason to be particularly fond of him. I am just someone who has grown weary of all of the pointless hostility and witch hunts ("You are Noach, aren't you? Maui Heidi then? A travel agent?") on this board. And now the nasties have taken aim at me.

Well, hold your fire, and forget the whole thing. Continue to blast each other.

Carry on.

Old Jun 15th, 2000, 06:29 AM
Chuck

Kissandmakeup-What did you expect when you posted this thread? If you are looking for a warm and lovey forum, this ain't the place. It's obvious from the reaction to this thread that people here are sick of these tangents that have nothing to do with TRAVEL!!!! This board is for people wanting info on travel, sites etc.

As for Noah, he created the animosity against him. When he was gone on his sabbatical or whatever, this forum got back to its original intent without any controversy, nastiness etc. Noah needs to start posting legitimate travel information instead of moralizing and quoting facts that are not even correct. And If Noah wants to be "forgiven" by those of us who post here regularily, it seems to me an apology from HIM and not you would go a long way.

Old Jun 15th, 2000, 08:48 AM
WildBill

As a frequent Noach basher I must disagree. Noach's posts are generally either some kind of nonsense regarding a news event that happened somewhere people might travel to (i.e., shark attack in Alabama) or simply a listing of sites he has found. Other people have posted messages saying he has sent them strange and scary letters. From what I can gather he sort of uses this board as a place to post whatever information he finds interesting, rather than posting interesting travel info or info about his own experiences. I say let him, AMS and John Gardener stay away.

Old Jun 15th, 2000, 10:32 AM
Esme

Thank you Wild Bill for your words of wisdom. Noach has posted a reply to one of my questions with "I want to come with you please e-mail me" - yeah, well forget it Noach and others of this style, we don't need you. Thanks to the REAL travellers on the Forum for all their help and advise.

Old Jun 15th, 2000, 10:49 AM
Won'tSay

Noah sent me an e-mail (when I was still using my real address) so creepy that I could not wait to delete it off my computer! Really, I shuddered, so I have no great sympathies for the predicament he's gotten himself into with the posters on this board. I am not a paranoid person but Noah will push you that way. I feel sorry for him but don't want him to have my real e-mail address!

Old Jun 15th, 2000, 11:26 AM
ditto

Same here! Noach crossed the line when he sent me a TOTALLY CREEPY private email. Notice how he never posts his OWN email address, but that doesn't stop him from harassing other posters.
He should make friends somewhere else, not here!

Old Jun 15th, 2000, 11:45 PM
Noach

1. I never replied to any message on this forum by saying "I want to come with you, please email me" so if such a post exists it is a forgery (very easy to do and common here)

2. I never harassed anyone or sent anyone "creepy" email. All I did was send a few people who SEEMED nice (key word being 'SEEMED') here a perfectly polite letter describing a very unique situation I was looking for and asking if they might have any suggestions for my finding it. I never contacted those who didn't reply again.

I am absolutely shocked at how cruel and vicious some of you have been towards me. If you don't like my posts, you can simply ignore them or state your disagreement in a civil manner. Telling everyone about a letter which I specifically asked remain confidential and trashing me in this fashion is truly hurrendous and says far more about you than it does about me.

Old Jun 16th, 2000, 05:39 AM
Cindy

Noach,

I read you post, and something was missing. The missing item is an apology. Perhaps something like, "I am sorry if I caused anyone any problems or concerns by sending them unsolicited e-mail. There was no excuse for it, I was way out of line, I feel horrible and I will never do it again." Use your own words, please.

I think if anyone wishes to communicate with someone off the board, they should post that desire on the board, include their own e-mail, and wait to be contacted (like Ilisa does).

Old Jun 16th, 2000, 06:06 AM
Noach

An apology couldn't be missing because I don't anyone one as I already explained.

Old Jun 16th, 2000, 06:07 AM
Noach

I did nothing wrong. YOU were the ones who were vicious and cruel and owe ME the apology. OF course, I'm not holding my breath...

Old Jun 16th, 2000, 06:14 AM
Kissandmakeup

OK. I was wrong.

Old Jun 16th, 2000, 06:17 AM
innocent bystander

kissandmakeup:

Absolutely beautiful response. Bravo.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -