Reload this Page >

Le Bouchon in Chicago

Search

Le Bouchon in Chicago

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16th, 2002, 09:14 AM
pj

Le Bouchon in Chicago

Anyone been there? Saw this bistro walking through wickerpark. Looked like cafes I would spend time in Paris. Any comments? PJ

Old Jul 16th, 2002, 09:21 AM
Ang

Good food, nice restaurant, reasonably priced. Problems: VERY crowded and noisy. Tables are very close together so hard to have intimate or romantic evening as you are rubbing elbows with those next to you. Somebody please correct me if I am wrong but I don't think they accept reservations either so wait is always ridiculous. I think the food is good though and probably best to go early on a weeknight or Sunday afternoon to avoid the problems above. They have a good wine list too.

Old Jul 16th, 2002, 09:30 AM
pj

THank you Ang. We have made reservations for a wed. night 5:30. So we should be fine!! I like the reasonably priced part too! PJ

Old Jul 16th, 2002, 09:35 AM
Danna

I've been there twice. Very enjoyable, good food, sort of simple French. They do great things with "lesser" cuts of meat. I enjoyed the lively, crowded atmosphere, and did think it was rather romantic.

Bon Appetit

Old Jul 16th, 2002, 11:18 AM
pepe

Mon Ami Gabi (on Lincoln Park) and Brassierie Jo are two other good French bistro alternatives. Brassierie Jo is a little pricier, but nice sidewalk space.

Bistro Margot in Old Town used to be good, but have had a couple of spotty meals there lately.

Have fun.

Old Jul 16th, 2002, 12:05 PM
ThereYouAre

Le Bouchon is in Bucktown, not Wicker Park - Damen and Armitage - and you can barely see inside from the sidewalk. Good food -and Ang is right - VERY crowded/cramped.

Old Jul 16th, 2002, 12:22 PM
pj

Thank you everyone for your replys.
I was walking on Damon in the Bucktown/Wickerpark area. Thank you for clarifying Bouchon on being in Bucktown!
We will be eating early so I Do not think we will be cramped, or have a problem with noise. PJ