Reload this Page >

LAX Airport to Price is Right

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23rd, 2000, 06:48 AM
KC

I have a layover in Los Angeles later this year. I would like to sneak in a taping of The Price is Right, but I don't know how far away it is from the airport.

Could someone tell me how close or far away it is from the airport? Also, is there anything in the vicinity of the airport that you recommend I see/do?

I will be flying into LA at night (8:00 PM), and then leaving the following night (8:45 pm).

Thanks!

KC

Old Feb 23rd, 2000, 12:04 PM
christina

That's a CBS show so would presume it's taped at CBS Television City on Fairfax. If not, you'll have to state where it is. If so, that's only about 10 miles from the airport. As with most airports, there is nothing to do around the airport, it's just a business/industrial area. You could easily kill a day around the Fairfax area, though; CBS is right next to Farmer's Market where you can eat, browse around and you're only a short distance from Beverly Hills or W Hollywood/Melrose area where you can easily just stroll around, window-shopping and people-watching. Plus, it's very near to the LA COunty art museum. If you have a car, which it sounds like you will, it's fun just to drive around that area, especially Beverly Hills and Sunset Blvd -- buy a map of the stars' homes from guys on the street corner or something and drive around to see them (well, they're not always up-to-date or accurate, but the area makes for a good drive). There's a famous, good deli right on Fairfax (Cantor's) right near CBS, also. Well, used to be, I haven't been there is quite a few years.

Old Feb 23rd, 2000, 06:16 PM
John

The last time I checked, the deli was still great! Here's the "official" name and address:

CANTERS FAIRFAX RESTAURANT DELICATESSEN & BAKERY
419 N Fairfax Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90036-0179
323 651 2030

I grew up wth those goodies--and still love them--even though I have to watch my weight now!

Old Feb 23rd, 2000, 07:09 PM
Arlene

http://gameshows.about.com/entertain...Price+Is+Right

I am planning a trip to LA this spring, so I checked into tickets to the Price is right. The above site gives great info on the show. It doesn't appear to be a simple thing to go see.
Have a good time!

Old Feb 23rd, 2000, 10:38 PM
Alisa

Skip Cantor's. It is an institution, yes, but the food is not that great and the place is not what it used to be. Hit the Farmers Market instead--right next to CBS at Third and Fairfax. Great food!

Old Feb 24th, 2000, 06:47 AM
John

Sorry to hear that about Cantor's. Alisa is right about the Farmer's Market. But beware the pigeons. They're very friendly and may try to eat right off your plate.