Lauderdale by the Sea for 5?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8th, 2003, 04:26 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am travelling with my family in March, arriving at Miami airport. We're staying for 16 days. We were wanting something a little out of the way, with a kitchen and two bedrooms. We want to avoid the hectic teen/university crowd in Fort Lauderdale but were considering Lauderdale by the Sea. Any suggestions on a) rentals, b)locations not far from Miami (1 -1.5 hour drive).
Old Aug 8th, 2003, 04:38 PM

The Lago Mar is very nice and has a somewhat secluded feel to it with an excellent beach.

http://lagomar.com/
Old Aug 8th, 2003, 07:00 PM

You might try Blueseascourtyard.com in Lauderdale by the Sea. Not sure if it they have accomodations that you are seeking but I have heard it is a decent place.
Old Aug 9th, 2003, 05:52 AM

Outside a condo, Blue Seas Courtyard has a huge 1 BD suit w/King size bed - with a pull out bed couch in living room. Toured the motel room when there in 2001 and was amazed how huge the room was. Has a full kitchen with a long table that can fit 8. Miami is about 31 miles from Miami.
Old Aug 9th, 2003, 10:27 AM

I mean Ft. L is about 31 miles from Miami
Old Aug 10th, 2003, 10:48 AM
Original Poster

Hi - thanks everyone for the messages. Blue Seas Courtyard looks good as an option because of the kitchen & cost. Any suggestions on something a little cheaper?
Old Aug 10th, 2003, 01:49 PM

I agree - Lago Mar is lovely. I'm not sure what your budget is because it's gotten more expensive there over the years. I stayed on Hollywood beach in April with my kids at a place called the Greenbriar. It was a perfect family spot. two bedrooms and baths, kitchen and living area. right on the beach with a pool and very clean bbqing area. the place was full of kids which was great company for my three. i highly recommend it. hollywood beach is very nice and much less crowded and commercial than lauderdale. plus it's south and close to miami. it was a ten min. walk along the beach to the new Westin Diplomat. great pool bar.
Old Aug 10th, 2003, 04:50 PM
Original Poster

Thanks everyone for your thoughts. It can get overwhelming trying to choose a place when there is so much to choose from. Hollywood looks good. We've booked it.
Old Aug 11th, 2003, 05:13 AM

Visiting: Glad you choose Hollywood. It's a good choice. If you stay at the Greenbriar DO NOT miss Giorgio's Grill almost across the street for breakfast and lunch - you can take out or eat there but the food is great!! Also next door to them is Taverna Opa - you'll feel like you just stepped onto the set of MY BIG FAT GREEK WEDDING - it's a blast!
Have fun!