Reload this Page >

Late Night Catechism NYC Play

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25th, 2002, 05:37 AM
Marge

Can someone who has seen Late Night Catechism at St. Luke's Church on West 46th Street tell me what they thought of it? We will be in NYC for 4 nights and are trying take in a show each night; since that could be extremely expensive I was hunting for deals and found this play on theatermania.com (I'm also following Playbill.com) Any thoughts?

Old Feb 25th, 2002, 05:49 AM
ron

marge - we saw this one woman show in florida last year and loved it. tried to see in again in boston over the holidays but it was sold out. catholics were rolling in the aisles. non-catholics laughed uproariously. go!

Old Feb 25th, 2002, 06:20 AM
Pat

Marge: I went to high school with the original "nun" & co-writer of this play. It is a riot!!!! I don't know if Maripat Donovan will be appearing in your play, but if she is, you're in for a treat. Laughed till I cried.

Old Feb 25th, 2002, 06:20 AM
Merilee

Hi Marge...I took a friend to see this show in the city and we loved it...you will appreciate it even more if you went to catholic school (especially) during the 50's or 60's...she picks on people at random in the audience and it's hilarious.

Old Feb 25th, 2002, 06:23 AM
joan

Saw it in Fla too and all I can say to the above is "AMEN!" Just don't wear that skirt above your knees, and GET THAT GUM OUTTA YOUR MOUTH!

Old Feb 27th, 2002, 07:03 PM
Marge

Thank you! I really appreciate you taking the time to tell me about your experiences - this has been a huge help and we will add this play to our list of shows.

Old Feb 27th, 2002, 07:13 PM
Donna

Merilee is correct about someone who went to catholic school in the 50's or 60's enjoying it the most. My mother went to catholic grammar school in the 50's and my aunt went in the 60's, they were able to relate to it more than my sister and I, we went to catholic school in the 70's/80's. I did not find it as funny as the other posters, I guess cuz I'm younger and not able to relate to the strict religious education jokes.