Reload this Page >

last minute packing tip for California?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2nd, 2002, 08:15 PM
Gal

I'm packing at the last minute. Tomorrow morning is the flight. Yosemite, SF Disney and San diego with small kids.
Hot weather, Cold weather?

Old Jul 2nd, 2002, 08:21 PM
xxx

It is quite hot in L.A. today. I don't know what the weather is like in Yosemite. I suggest you check www.weatherchannel.com.

And don't forget the sunblock!

Old Jul 2nd, 2002, 08:26 PM
Gal

And don't forget the sunblock! I was just reading this and my daughter holding the sunblock asked "should we bring this?"
- Sure we'r taking three

Old Jul 2nd, 2002, 08:28 PM
John

layers-layers-layers

Old Jul 2nd, 2002, 09:12 PM
Nancy

Reminder: At night in San Diego and Anaheim it gets cool, a cool breeze picks up. So bring a sweater even in the summer, also in Yosemite until August usually.

Old Jul 2nd, 2002, 10:36 PM
janis

You have picked places with tremendous differences in weather.

LA can be very hot, San Diego pretty mild year round, Yosemite Valley can be hot during the day and cool or cold at night with the possibilities of thunder showers in the afternoons, and SF can be very cold and foggy.

So basically take layers - You are going to San Francisco so do not assume "it is summer so all I need is shorts". You can tell who are the tourists in SF - they are the ones with blue legs and brand new sweatshirts.

Old Jul 3rd, 2002, 09:52 AM
xxxxx

I was in San Fransisco for a couple of weeks one August and FROZE!! The previous poster wasn't kidding when he said shorts and purple legs.....

Old Jul 3rd, 2002, 11:40 AM
Bill I

Was in Southern CA last week. When we stayed in the valley just north of LA, it got up in the high 90's to 100, during the day. When in Santa Monica it was in the 70's & 80's. We went on the beach at Venice Beach 1 day -- it only got into the mid-70's, but still got a good sunburn, even with the SPF 30 lotion. The water was only about 67 degrees, we went in anyways. Wore t-shirts, & shorts every day in that area.

Old Jul 3rd, 2002, 11:56 AM
Faina

This morning in SF was so cold - I really felt sorry I was not wearing a windbreaker. Now it's sunny and nice. In the city you can never tell what to expect. Remember to pack sunglasses and if you need hats, at least for kids. Make sure they drink enough water.

Old Jul 7th, 2002, 12:02 AM
gal

Thanks!!!
I'm in SF now and we broght some warm clothes but not enough ... You realy need a warm jacket for the evening and my daugter who is 8 monthes old had purple hands... - the socks will be on her little hands tomorrow!

Old Jul 7th, 2002, 09:43 AM
janis

We tried to warn you!

have a great trip.