Last chance for Key West help

Old Mar 18th, 2002, 02:36 PM
Jon

Last chance for Key West help

I am ready to make a couple of reservations. Can anyone tell me a reason not to stay at Alexander Palms Court in Key West, Largo Lodge in Key Largo or Lime Tree Bay in Long Key? I am all ears and would like to hear from anyone with knowledge of these places. Please respond. I have done extensive research but you can only do so much on the internet and it would be great to hear from someone who has been there. Thanks.

Old Mar 18th, 2002, 03:12 PM
aaa

It is a safe bet that if you can not find information on these places they probably are not worth while. Stay at one the places with good feedback.

Old Mar 18th, 2002, 04:09 PM
susan

Jon - I spend a lot of time in Key West but am not familiar with Alexander Palms Court. Is there some particular reason you chose it? I've just checked out their website: the location doesn't seem great and the cost seems high. I think if I were you I'd look further.

Old Mar 18th, 2002, 04:23 PM
jon

Thanks Susan for your reply. I got a real good rate and it seems to have everything I want, pool, small setting, tv, privacy. It is close to a shuttle stop if I have it figured right and the lady from the Key West Innkeepers said it was fine. I know it isn't as close to the action but I am getting it at 75.00 for two single beds and a fridge. I need two beds or a King and that eliminates quite a few places. It is also AAA rated.
I would be interested in any other places with these features if you know of any.

Old Mar 18th, 2002, 06:41 PM
Donna

I have been to Largo Lodge twice. I really like the place because it is quiet, and very tropical. Noone under 16 is allowed so that helps, the rooms have a kitchenette, a living room, and a separate porch. There is no pool, phones in the room, or beach, but they do have a dock for suntanning or watching the sunset. There is a snorkeling area and canoes to take out. Nothing fancy, but then again there are not too many fancy motels in Key Largo. They also have one small room that is a little cheaper.

Old Mar 10th, 2003, 12:14 PM

I stayed at the Alexander Palms Court in August of this year. I really enjoyed the experience. It is definitely not a luxury hotel but the staff was friendly and beds were quite comfortable! The pool area is nice but small. They served a continental breakfast there that was very nice. It is a bit of trek from the restaurant/sunset area. I would definitely recommend it as a good budget choice.