Reload this Page >

Las Vegas with 3 kids under 5 yrs old in August

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3rd, 1998, 03:51 AM
Mary

We are in the process of planning my parents 40th wedding anniversary trip (they chose Las Vegas) and would like your ideas on places to stay with small kids. I'm the only one with kids, so let me know if it is also ok for my siblings and their spouses. One night we would like to have the 40th celebration (dinner and show). Ideas?? Thanks.

Old Jan 3rd, 1998, 07:52 AM
DGM

Las Vegas is really not a place to take kids, but since you're going I would probably stay somewhere kid friendly-like the MGM. The place is huge and you get tired of walking, but they have an amusement park there. Circus Circus has carnival games and acrobats. I deffinately wouldn't stay there unless I could get in the new towers. Food there isn't too great so if you stay there eat somewhere else. The other idea is to stay where there is a good pool if you want to take the kids there. I'm not sure which of the hotels have a seperate wading pool fpr kids. Maybe the MGM? Good luck.

Old Jan 3rd, 1998, 02:23 PM
Nicki

No, Las Vegas can be fun for the entire family. There are many things to do with little ones in Vegas. Just bring backpacks and strollers. There are hotels that are better for the little ones. I would suggest the MGM, Excaliber or the Monte Carlo. The MGM is truly for the family. Their theme park is great and set up for your little ones. The Excaliber has a medieval them and has little shows all day long on the second floor for little guys and their FREE! The Monte Carlo is right across from the MGM and you may get a better price for your rooms. They have a great pool and winding river for floating. It's great for kids. Also, take the older one to the Lance Burton magic show. My kids loved it and so did the adults. It was $35. It was worth every penny. Also, he signs autographs after the show. That's fun for kids. Vegas if really big. Choosing a central location is very important. I would stay on MGM end of the strip. You can take the monorail from the MGM down to Bally's and cross over to visit Caesars and the free pirate show at Treasure Island (free). A five year old would enjoy that. Pick a hotel oriented for kids and have a great time. The adults can cover all of Vegas......

Old Jan 3rd, 1998, 02:31 PM
Nancy Ponder

The Las Vegas area also has attractions that are of interest: Ethel M's Chocolate Factory (a division of Mars Choc.) and a marshmallow plant.

Old Jan 3rd, 1998, 08:33 PM
Diana Haynes

Consider staying at the Flamingo Hilton. A very classy hotel with fabulous gardens and pools (very suitable for your little ones). Wonderful location and not as big as MGM. My kids loved the buffet and Bugsy's deli. There was also fast food (Burger King and pizza) across the street. It's very hot in August so a rental car is highly recommended. For the anniversary show consider Cirque du Soleil at Treasure Island - but get tixs ahead of time as it is often sold out.

Old Jan 3rd, 1998, 09:41 PM
Tricia

I just took a l4, l8 and l9 year old to Vegas and being that they were too old to get into the theme park at MGM (where we stayed) and it closed at 6 p.m. they were across the street either at the Luxor or the Excalibur- their two favorites. The Luxor has incredible interior with boatrides and pyramids and great video games, but all in all they voted for the Excalibur. They figured out the MGM floorplan much fastor that us old folks but I think your parents would find it daunting and tiring plus
I didn't like the restaurants. I was over at Caesar's and enjoyng The Forum all the time. Caesars is laid out much better, my husband says, parking and everything was easier, spaces wider etc. Not just the parking lot, but inside too. Eat at Rio, best food in Las Vegas. Buffet or their Mexican restaurant. And they have the best comedian on the strip. See www.lasvegas24hours.com
for lots of info or www.bestfares1.com for saving lots of money in vegas.

Old Jan 4th, 1998, 06:42 PM
Wheeler

We were there in January of 97 with a 19 month old and thoroughly enjoyed our entire trip(we did have a babysitter for shows). Lance Burton and/or Sigfried and Roy were both appropriate for children. Hotel touring is free and provides several days of entertainment. Parking is free but not conveniently located(wear walking shoes). We reccomend Hoover Dam and a flight to Grand Canyon for day trips.