Search

Manhattan Suites

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20th, 1997, 10:08 AM
Teri

Manhattan Suites

Can anyone recommend suite accomodation suitable for family of 4 in Manhattan? We're planning 4 days in June with teenaged daughters - area around Metropolitan Museum would be nice, or is this dreaming? And yes, cost is a factor. This IS the Fodors lounge!

Old Dec 20th, 1997, 12:23 PM
Donna

You might try the Helmsley Middletown. Moderately priced suites with kitchens (the building was formerly apartments). The location is terrific. This is not a big, fancy hotel (no restaurant or room service, tiny lobby), but the service is friendly, the rooms are comfortable and meticulously maintained, and you can't beat the value for the dollar. Complimentary coffee and pastries every morning. Parking is reasonable also.

Old Dec 21st, 1997, 05:07 PM
Pamela Wenner

There is a chain called Manhattan East Suite Hotels that has 9 suite hotels in Manhattan. I've stayed at several -- especially liked the Dumont Plaza (fairly new) and the Lyden Gardens (a former apartment building). I've stayed at 4 of the nine. All have kitchenettes or kitchens. Some rooms have several bedrooms. I don't have any idea of the price since I've always stayed there on business. The number for all the hotels is 212-772-2900.

Old Jan 4th, 1998, 01:17 PM
Janet Martin

read your recommendation for Manhatten Suites Hotels. I am also traveling to NY with husband and two children and am looking at Plaza Fifty. Have you stayed at that property and/or are you familiar with the area? Can we leave the lobby and walk or is it not a safe enough neighborhood to do so. Thanks for any info.

Old Jan 4th, 1998, 03:55 PM
steve

I've stayed at Plaza 50 and it's in a very nice midtown location. Also have stayed at Helmsley Middletown and like it as well. The Wyndham which has a super location has some great rates on suites that you might want to check. I've never stayed there but many friends have and all say it's old fashioned low key and a good value for the location and space.

Old Jan 4th, 1998, 07:01 PM
Carla

You may want to check out Doubletree Guest Suites too. Nice sized suites for a not bad price and great location downtown.