Las Vegas: Venetian or Bellagio?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15th, 2009, 07:39 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are spending 3 nights in Las Vegas in April at the end of our US trip, before flying back to Europe. We are a couple in our 50s and our priorities as regards hotel accomodation are (a) location (b) quality of room and (c) outdoor pool with lots of sunbathing space. We would appreciate views on whether Bellagio or Venetian would be better (or maybe even a different hotel)
Old Feb 15th, 2009, 07:47 AM

Everyone I know who has stayed at the Venetian loves it. I have not stayed there but would sure like to next trip to LV.

The Bellagio has a great buffet.
Old Feb 15th, 2009, 08:10 AM

Palazzo.
Old Feb 15th, 2009, 08:58 AM

I would stay at the new part of the Venetian called Palazzo..the V is a large room but in dire need of a remodel the last time I was there..
Bellagio hotel is lovely.
Wynn Hotel has incredible deals for $129 a night for 5* hotel and I would choose this over both of them.

wynnlasvegas.com
Old Feb 15th, 2009, 10:32 AM

We stayed at the Venetian last year and our room was not in dire need of remodeling at all. It was very large, very comfortable, and very nice, with a great bathroom.

However (and it's a big one), regarding "outdoor pool with lots of sunbathing space" -- the one thing I really disliked about the hotel was that the chaise lounges at the pool (which is otherwise really nice) were touching each other, there was very little room to maneuver and in most cases, you simply couldn't walk between the chaises. Just too crowded for me. We're also in our 50s, and this was late April 2008.
Old Feb 15th, 2009, 11:05 AM

glad your room SF was nice..we haven't stayed at the V in years and new is everything in Vegas..so much occupancy turnaround..friends had a suite last year at the V and paid big money and we went to see them and it was a very tired room..
they complained and got upgraded to a newer suite which for what they were paying was only fair.
I hate when those chaises are so bunched up that you have to approach it feet first and scoot up..
Wynn has an incredible poolside of European sunbathing with none of that touching chaise lounge stuff.
Old Feb 15th, 2009, 03:01 PM

With regard to the European sunbathing at Wynns, as long as you can stand being next to some topless,nubile, breast enhanced young thing (I am posting this for women obviously) I would not consider Wynns if you like to be at the poolside. However, my husband thought it was absolutely the best pool he had been to!
Old Feb 19th, 2009, 01:10 AM
Original Poster

Hmmmm. Thanks Coldplay. I'm definitely now considering Wynns as an alternative......
Old Feb 19th, 2009, 06:32 AM

We stayed at the Bellagio and LOVED it. It was a very romantic feeling hotel. We had a lakeside room and were able to watch the fountains from our window which was very nice. The linens were very high end and the service was fantastic. We would definately stay there again. We liked the Bellagio's central location. The buffet was a treat and we don't normally even like buffet's. The Bellagio's barber shop was nice, my husband had their "Royal Shave" and it was hot and done with a stright razor...he felt so pampered!