Reload this Page >

Las Vegas trip report

Search

Las Vegas trip report

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31st, 2002, 10:27 AM
Janda

Las Vegas trip report

A few weeks ago my sister and I went to Las Vegas for the first time in 30 years. WOW. It was truly amazing. I had read several guide books and watched a few travel videos before the trip. It in no way prepared me for the reality of it all. I could use many words to describe it. Fantastic, outrageous, spectacular, and out of this world.
Everything was exaggerated to the umpth degree. I cant wait to go back. We were there for 4 nights and only scratched the surface. The hotels we visited were…
The Bellagio
Venetian
Tropicana
Luxor
Bally’s
Ceasars
New York New York
We loved all of them. The Dale Chihuly art in the lobby of the Bellagio was so beautiful. It is a must see on anyone’s list. Also the fountains outside are magnificent to say the least. We could see them from our hotel window. Excellent…
The gondolas at the Venetian were realistic. I have been to the real Venice and found that they did a good job depicting the scene.
The Tropicana was nicely decorated and we went to the seafood buffet. It was good.
The Luxor was awesome. I loved the shops and the Sphinx outside.
Bally’s was so big. We basically just walked through most of it going to the monorail to the MGM. We didn’t go into the MGM.
Ceasars is HUGE !!! We didn’t see half of it after walking for 15 minutes.
New York New York was cool. I could go back and see it again as we didn’t see all of it.
My sister is handicapped and we were able to get a wheelchair free of charge at most hotels to use while we were there. This really helped my sister see much more than she would have if she had to walk around the hotels. I don’t exaggerate when I say that the hotels are HUGE..
We stayed at the Flamingo hotel. We LOVED it. Everything was wonderful. The room was perfect with a view of the Eiffel Tower and the fountains at the Bellagio. We will request that room again. The buffet at the Flamingo was perfect. Everyone working at the hotel was so nice and helpful. The grounds are so beautiful, with lush vegetation and the have many birds. There are penguins, many different types of ducks and some exotic birds. There are waterfalls and many different pools to swim in. There are 2 hot tubs also. I cant say enough about how much we enjoyed our stay at the Flamingo. We will stay there every time we are in Las Vegas. It is located right in the middle of the strip. You cant beat it for economic rooms that are clean and well appointed.
The Desert Passage shopping mall was like none I had ever seen before. It was spectacular. Dont miss it...
Feel free to ask me any questions..
VEGAS ROCKS…..

Old Oct 31st, 2002, 01:06 PM
mary

ttt

Old Oct 31st, 2002, 04:27 PM
jbj

Thanks for the nice trip report. I remember you asking about Vegas before you went. I was worried about the wheelchair situation, glad it worked out.

Not enough people come back and tell us about the trips. Thanks again.

Old Oct 31st, 2002, 06:46 PM
Kristin

Janda---thx much for your trip report. Haven't been to Vegas in a while and am going next week. Hadn't heard much about the Desert Passage shops. Is that in the new Aladdin? What kind of shops? Like the ones at Caesar's Forum? Thanks again-----and ignore the rude people. I have found that most of the people on this forum are extremely helpful and love travel. The rude ones are a very small percentage, and if people would just ignore them and not respond, maybe the small percentage will become smaller!! Waiting to hear a few more details on the shops Desert shops!

Old Nov 1st, 2002, 07:32 AM
Janda

Morning Kristen.
The Desert Passage is packed with popular shops including Chico's,Sephora's,bebe,Z Galleries,Ann Taylors, Hugo Boss ect...
A good site is http://www.desertpassage.com/index2.htm
I would like to thank those that told me not to ditch this site because of rude people. I truly love this site and there are so many wonderful people to learn from.
Las Vegas is a fun place and I hope everyone that goes there has a great time.
Janda Otavalo

Old Nov 1st, 2002, 10:07 AM
mary

ttt

Old Nov 1st, 2002, 07:54 PM
Kristin

Thx for the reply, Janda-----I LOVE Sephora and don't get to one very often----thx also for the website!