Las Vegas to Sedona, Az

Nov 7th, 2019, 01:55 PM
Original Poster

Las Vegas to Sedona, Az

We will be combining two timeshare vacations in November 2020 - week one in Las Vegas and week two in Sedona, AZ. We anticipate renting a car when arriving in Las Vegas and driving to Sedona for the second week. Any suggestions on best options.
Nov 7th, 2019, 02:10 PM

>>Any suggestions on best options.<<

Best options for what? Car rental company? If so, all the usual suspects are in Vegas so just go with whichever one you normally use. Are you flying home from LV or from Phoenix? Of PHX check the various majors to see who has the lowest one way drop off fees for your specific dates. (Rates can be very dates specific depending on factors like major conventions in Vegas.
Nov 8th, 2019, 07:21 AM
Original Poster

Car rental.

Yes I was looking for suggestions on car rental.we are planning to fly back from Phoenix.
Nov 10th, 2019, 04:44 PM

DW and I spent last Thursday in Sedona. One day was enough for us. We made our HQ in Flagstaff. We also went to the Grand Canyon and Winslow. I see no advantage in dropping the car in PHX.
The highway 89A approach from the north into Sedona is a bit scary.
We had a great anniversary dinner at the Manzanita restaurant in Cornville after Sedona.
Yesterday we visited the Lowell Observatory in Flagstaff. Today we spent an hour on a tour of the Riordan mansion which is surrounded by the NAU campus.
We fly back to Oregon tomorrow from Mesa. I'll do a trip report when we get home.
On the way out from Las Vegas stop to see Hoover dam.