Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Las Vegas Sushi.....Recommendations Needed!

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 22nd, 2002, 06:21 AM
Lenore

I've heard that Nobu is the place but it's extremely expensive ($68pp according to Zagats). We'd prefer a restaurant on the Strip. Also, still looking for other restaurant suggestions for under $30pp (no buffets or Chinese please). Thanks for your help!

Old May 22nd, 2002, 07:34 AM
Joe

I've always been told that food in Vegas was cheap. But when I went there I've realized that was not true. Yes, it is not only cheap but bad at the run down hotels like the Sahara or Riviera just to mention a couple. But if you to the newest and nicer hotels like The Paris, New York New York, Caesar's Palace, etc. you'll find that the restaurant prices are high, including their buffets but it's worth it every penny.
So my advice is if you want to enjoy really good food in Vegas, you'll have to pay the price.

Old May 22nd, 2002, 07:37 AM
ryan

Try Tsunami at the Canal shops in the Venetian. It's just across from where the gondolas leave from.

We try and have at least lunch there on each Vegas trip. The price is reasonable for where it is.

Old May 22nd, 2002, 07:42 AM
sas

There's a really great sushi restaurant, though I'm sorry I forget the name, at Mandalay Bay on the strip. The sushi goes by on a conveyor belt type thing, and you just take what you want as it passes you. It's really neat. It's not cheap though - but I don't think you really want to look for cheap when it comes to raw fish.

Old May 22nd, 2002, 08:31 AM
Lenore

You guys are right, Vegas used to be known for cheap eats (not any more) and I don't want "bargain sushi"! However, I don't consider $68pp a bargain in any town!

Ryan - Is Tsunami a sushi restaurant?

Old May 23rd, 2002, 10:25 AM
Jerry

Hamada at the Flamingo on the strip is good. Not the cheapest in town but friendly. It's downstairs near registration. I got a recommendation on a place called Sushi Fever but it's not on the strip and I've not been there.

Old May 23rd, 2002, 10:49 AM
ryan

Tsunami is a "pan-Asian" restaurant with a separate section with a sushi bar. Their menu has a long list of sushi choices.

Old May 23rd, 2002, 11:49 AM
elizabeth

We used to stay @ the San Remo all the time and they have a good sushi resturant. The hotel is just off the strip next to the Tropicana and across from MGM. The hotel is older and not much to look at but it is Japanese owned and they cater to Japanese tourists. I think you'll like it - oh, as a note the operate only evening hours if I remember correctly.

Old Aug 24th, 2002, 12:30 AM
jh

I've eaten at Tsunami a couple of years ago. The food is pretty good there. We ordered mongolian beef, a noodle dish and sushi rolls. Check it out.