Las Vegas Spas

Old May 6th, 2002, 06:49 PM
vh

Las Vegas Spas

Any suggestions for a resot spa or a day spa in Las Vegas area?

Old May 7th, 2002, 10:32 AM
Jess

I'd say stay away from Ballys--I went there in October and got a terrible massage (the woman's hands were like sand paper).

Old May 7th, 2002, 10:58 AM
s

The Bellagio has an outstanding spa.

Old May 7th, 2002, 11:21 AM
xx

Mandalay Bay, hands down.

Old May 7th, 2002, 11:39 AM
Terri

XX is right. Mandalay Bay spa is great. Four Seasons spa is superb.

Old May 7th, 2002, 12:24 PM
canyon

doesnt canyon ranch have a spa there? best spa experience ive ever had!!!

Old May 7th, 2002, 12:30 PM
x

Hey Jess maybe you were getting the exfoliation massage!

Old May 7th, 2002, 12:32 PM
Terri

Canyon,
It's in the Four Seasons and it's ahhhh, so relaxing.

Old May 7th, 2002, 12:38 PM
ryan

I thought Canyon Ranch spa was in the Venetian.? (My wife goes every time we are in Vegas for a Thai massage. Ask for Allen.)

Old Dec 16th, 2002, 09:59 AM
XXX

Hi - can anyone recommend a couples spa? I've heard that most are either all male or all female. Looking for one I can go to with my husband. Thanks!

Old Dec 16th, 2002, 12:12 PM
Wendy

Canyon Ranch is in the Venetian, I have an appt. there on Sat!

I think they offer couples: http://www.canyonranch.com/SpaClub/services_rates.asp

Old May 21st, 2003, 08:28 AM

Can you tell me about how much $$$ you spend on a spa with massages and facials at a Vegas hotel spa?
Old May 21st, 2003, 09:09 AM

mandalay bay is the best (30,000 sq. feet!) spa and because the pool is right outside it is an amazing day. one word of caution however: massages are same sex masseuse. for me, that meant i'd go in for a different type of treatment, like a wrap. if you go to the website, you can download the spa menu, which is quite extensive.
Old May 21st, 2003, 09:20 AM

Linda, Mandalay Bay runs about $105 for 50 minutes of service. Massages are usually 50 minutes, facials are 30-40 minutes and priced fairly proportionately. You can request a menu with prices and they'll mail you one. I think Mandara does Mandalay, no?
Old Jul 7th, 2003, 02:40 PM

I want to tell you all so that you don't repeat our mistakes! The Venetian is supposedly one of the most luxurious hotels in the world and the Canyon Ranch Spa is touted as a world class spa....what a load of crap!!!! I don't remember having worse accommodations and service in Vegas.
They gave us a smoking room instead of non-smoking and it stank to high heaven. The stopper in the sink was broken in two and had hair wrapped around it! The toilet smelled like urine! Needless to say I was livid. They promised us a different room next morning, which we didn't get until late afternoon. Meanwhile they tossed us out of the smoking room to ionize it to try to get rid of the smell of the smoke. They told us to come back in three hours. We came back after 1 am to find the stink alive and well. Gross...

I raised a lot of hell with the management and they compted us some, but not enough. I think they owe us a beluga caviar and Dom Perignon breakfast to make up for this bs. Off to the world-renowned spa we went. Dilapidated, ugly, dirty facilities, the worst I've ever seen. Thick layer of scum floating in the corners of the hot tub. No spa water (with cucumber, mint and lime). Uncomfortable ugly furniture. Broken steamer in the steamroom, no eucalyptus oil. I could not believe it. The treatments were actually very good but then they are good at every hotel on the Strip. Except the spas in all the other hotels are cleaner, nicer and cheaper. Grrrr!!! what a rip-off.
On the bright side our new room was nice and we saw a cool art exhibit inside the hotel.

So if you ever find yourself in Vegas looking for a nice hotel and spa treatment, go to Mandalay Bay which is beautiful, the spa is palatial and is a lot cheaper.
Avoid the evil Venetian!