Search

las vegas rates

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23rd, 2003, 09:10 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
las vegas rates

so--my first time in Vegas.

I am looking for Hotel- jan 23 & 24.. most important location, location, location.

Paris 179.95 a night
Barbary 129.95 a night
Flamingo 129.95 a night
Harrahs 129.95 a night
Bally's 159 a night

What would you do?!?!

(I WOULD like somewhere nice)

Old Dec 23rd, 2003, 09:18 AM
iceeu2

All of these are good locations:
Paris, I guess, is the newest....Barbary Coast gets good reviews and is probably a 3 star...Flamingo is getting pretty old...Harrah's is getting pretty old also...and I can't comment on Bally's.
I would probably pick in this order...
Paris, Barbary Coast, Flamingo, Bally's and Harrahs

Old Dec 23rd, 2003, 09:53 AM

Try Luxor. Cool place. Not any more expensive than the others. I've stayed at Bally's and it was pretty nice.Barbary is kind of dumpy looking, but if you aren't going to spend much time lounging in the room, get the cheapest one. Make sure and check vegas.com for rates. mgmmirage.com also. Also stayed at New York New York. again, nice enough. check the individual hotel websites as they mat have specials. Vegas.com has direct links to them if I recall. Have a great trip!!
Old Dec 23rd, 2003, 10:06 AM

Thats a weekend, but the rates still seem high. Check cheapovegas.com and go directly to the hotel. You may find a better rate posted there. Quality wise, I rate it like this: Paris, Bally's, Flamingo, Harrah's Barbary Coast. Location wise they are essentially equal. What would I do? I'd probably go with Flamingo. Little of my time in LV is actually spend in my room. Flamingo is clean, comfortable, and the events from the previous day and night are as easily washed off there as any of the other hotles you mention, for a few bucks less.
Old Dec 23rd, 2003, 10:11 AM

ditto on cheapovegas--see Flamingo is $110 for thise 2 nights on their website...also try orbitz.com for some info..locaion is great...as are the others you mention...
Old Dec 23rd, 2003, 10:43 AM

Would go with the Flamingo - location is great for heading either direction on the Strip. Stayed there last year and had quite fine accommodations; already have reservations for March 2004. Would not do Barbary Coast
Old Dec 23rd, 2003, 10:58 AM
iceeu2

Before you rule out Barbary Coast, read the trip reports on trip advisor, cheapo vegas and other Vegas websites.

Old Dec 23rd, 2003, 11:48 AM

Paris is the best, if you don't mind to pay more. All others are about the same. Location-wise all about the same.

Never stayed at Harrah's but heard it's for younger generation.
Old Dec 23rd, 2003, 03:24 PM

When I was looking for a good rate over Columbus Day weekend, I got the best rate at Bally's by calling the hotel itself. It was $119.00 per night. It was much cheaper than any rate I found on any website or even on Bally's own website. Give it a try! The room was fine and the hotel has a great location in the center of The Strip. Good Luck!!
Old Dec 23rd, 2003, 04:37 PM

I would stay at either Paris or Barbary Coast. Was at BC in July - nothing wrong with it except it doesn't have a pool but you're not swimming in Jan, but 129 is high, a friend got it for 45 weekday, 75 weekend. Based on your rates, I'd rank it Paris, BC, Ballys, and then "none of the above", or maybe Paris, Ballys, BC if you can't get a better rate at BC.
Old Dec 23rd, 2003, 06:06 PM

Hi Crosbie -

I'm not sure why you are limiting yourself to these hotels. Every hotel has specials including Bellagio. You have to do some research but I'll bet you can find a ton of places in your budget. Also, does location mean close to shopping, shows? SmarterLiving has many bargains. Finally, since most hotels allow you to cancel 24 hours prior to your check-in, you may want to see what you can get at the last minute.Happy trails!