Search

Las Vegas Pools

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26th, 2005, 11:03 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Las Vegas Pools

I’m going to Las Vegas in about 3 wks and I’m trying to choose a hotel. It’s between the MGM Grand, the Palms, Monte Carlo and Ceasars. We’re going to be spending the days poolside and the nights club hopping. Which hotels have great pools and a good location to the action? I stayed at the Venetian last time in November and want someplace different. Thanks!
Old Jul 26th, 2005, 11:08 AM

If you are going for location then throw out the Palms. My personal choice would be Mandalay Bay for the pool portion. The Monte Carlo pool is sort of cramped to me. MGM is OK, can't comment on Caesar's.
Old Jul 26th, 2005, 11:16 AM

If it were up to me - I'd choose Caesar's, for a less expensive one then Monte Carlo, but Caesar's pools are awesome and won't have so many kids. Also, the location (Caesar's) is excellent and there are some good clubs right inside there, as well as Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville in the Flamingo across the street - fun place.
Old Jul 26th, 2005, 11:24 AM

Caesar's pools are great for sunbathing! There is also the "European bathing" area (topless) where kids are not allowed. The Cleopatra's Barge club in Caesar's is very good!

Monte Carlo has a wave pool and a lazy river, so there will be a LOT of kids there.
Old Jul 26th, 2005, 11:45 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I also vote for Caesar's. I like it better than Mandalay Bay's pool, although both are very nice. Also Caesar's has Pure nightclub and the Pussycat Dolls Lounge if you are looking for clubs (much hipper and younger than Cleopatra's Barge, if you are looking for that). Be prepared to get there early or wait on a ridiculously long line to get in.
Old Jul 26th, 2005, 12:01 PM

Caesars
Old Jul 26th, 2005, 01:34 PM

The Caesar's pools are very nice. Monte Carlo's are too (they have a lazy river) but I found it too crowded/full of kids.
Old Jul 26th, 2005, 03:11 PM

Goldy,

My wife and I are planning a trip the end of August. A while back we recorded a Travel Channel show "Top 10 Pools in Vegas." We watched it again last night. They are from worst to first - the Palms (young, hip, becomes a bar/disco at night), Luxor, Venetian, Bellagio, Ceasars (it seemed OK but didn' have the waterfalls etc. of others), MGM (5 pools w/ different crowds at each), Mirage (our favorite), Flamingo (very nice), Hard Rock, Mandalay Bay (wave pool, sand beach, kid friendly). We are looking at the Mirage or Flamingo after watching the show. Let me know how it goes.
Keith
Old Jul 26th, 2005, 05:12 PM

That's a fair assessment.
Often, a pool is what you make it.

Bellagio is graceful and mature.
Venetian : relaxation in balance.
Mandalay is youthful, but you anticipate it more.
Mirage keeps a gaggle of gardeners employed.
Caesar's can be very comfortable.
Monte Carlo is unassuming fun.
Luxor : mummies are, like, dead people.
Hard Rock is paid by ATM/Credit Cards.
The Palms is popular for being popular.

$.02 from anyyone w/a keyboard.

Old Jul 26th, 2005, 05:16 PM

We stayed at the Mirage in June and really enjoyed it. For the 2 things you are looking for -- pool and location -- it is exactly right. It is smack in the middle of the strip, next to Caesar's, Venetian, TI, etc...The pool is large and wonderful, although VERY crowded, and can have a bit of a party scene during the day.
Old Jul 27th, 2005, 10:18 AM

When we go to Vegas and want a place with a good pool, we go to the Flamingo. The hotel isn't posh, but it's a nice, retro hotel. The location on the strip is good, too.
Old Jul 27th, 2005, 11:11 AM

btw - if you do settle on Caesar's, try to get a Palace Tower room. Very large rooms, with marble bathrooms and jacuzzi. There is also a new tower set to open - but I'm not sure if it will be open in time for your trip.
Old Jul 27th, 2005, 05:40 PM
Original Poster

WOW! Thanks Fodorites for all the help. We are in our early 30's and I'm looking to avoid a mass of children (not saying I don't like kids, but you all understand). I'm torn between Ceasars and the Palms (even though it's off the strip, it will be more adult I take it?)If anyone has been to the either in the past few months please join in with a report.

Thanks again everyone
Old Jul 27th, 2005, 06:03 PM

Caesar's new tower is the Augustus tower, and it is open. VERY trendy and neat looking!

DH and I are also in our 30's, no kids, and we love Caesar's. It is a very adult place, and the center Strip location can't be beat!
Old Jul 27th, 2005, 09:34 PM

I like the Director's Pool at MGM. Topless. Yeah, baby.
Old Jul 28th, 2005, 05:54 AM

I agree with Christie - Caesar's is an adult place - you will see much less children there than in Mandalay Bay, MGM, and others. I haven't been to the Palms but I would guess that it is also adult (younger adult than Caesars - more like the 20-something crowd).

I go to Caesars a few times a year and was just there over July 4th weekend. There are many advantages to staying there - from the pool, to the restaurants, clubs and shopping. The gaming there has gotten worse - but it doesn't appear from your post that gaming is a priority so it shouldn't really affect you.

The Palms probably has a younger party like vibe more so than Caesar's.
Old Jul 28th, 2005, 09:31 AM

TTT
Old Jul 28th, 2005, 02:22 PM

Caesars has a great pool!! We had lousy service there and an old room, but the pool was the best and the hotel location is also the best!! However, my sister, a pool addict, swears by the Flamingo.
Old Jul 28th, 2005, 08:56 PM
Tess

Just got back from Mandalay Bay today (actually we're still on the road and are now in Colorado)--we stayed at TheHotel at Mandalay Bay but used their pools. I was very surprised that it wasn't TEEMING with kids at the pool--lot of adults. It was very manageable kid-wise and with several pools, there was something for everyone. The wave pool and lazy river were the busiest--it didn't seem like the two 'regular' pools were all that busy. All in all, very pleasant. TheHotel was absolutely heavenly--will post review as soon as we get home.

Old Aug 3rd, 2005, 08:20 AM
Original Poster

And the winner is... Caesar's! Thanks again for all the input.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -